“I love it :-)”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
London
“I love it :-)”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed here for the last 3 weeks for work and I love it. As a female travelling alone, feeling comfortable in the restaurant and safe in my room is very important to me. I cant fault the staff, nothing is too much trouble and in a world where service seems to have gone amiss..its nice to be treated as a valued customer. The single room is tiny, so I upgraded to a still small double room. I sleep like a baby here - nice sheets and really comfy bed. Ok the bathroom has yellow tiles but its clean ...the shower curtain did smell, though still clean and I asked for it to be washed and it was changed immediately. As a result I am a very satisfied guest and have no problem staying here again and again and again.... the Tagliatelle Fattore is my fav dish and the rose blush is divine :-)

Room Tip: Room 205 is my room...can get a bit warm but there is a fan in the room to keep you cool during thos...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've stayed in hotels all over the world and I have to say that for value for money this is among the best. I was originally recommended the Warerfront when I had business in Leeds as there is an excellent rail link just minutes from the hotel. I have also used the hotel with my family and we have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are always helpful and friendly. On a recent business trip to the area I phoned the hotel to check when the restaurant closed as I was running late. The Manager emailed a copy of the menu to me so I could order a meal in advance - how's that for service - and the restaurant has a great choice of lovely Italian food. I've always stayed in the executive rooms which really are well appointed and great value for the cost

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RobMac88
Wallasey
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed at the Waterfront for two nights. There was a family wedding, the reception and evening party were all at the Waterfront. Staff very pleasant and helpful breakfast was great. Prego's is a great place to eat, and the wedding breakfast was brill. If I need to stay in Yorkshire again to see the countryside and explore around Brighouse, this is the place to stay. Apparently the local council will not let the hotel buy the car park which is a shame, but the staff are very helpful in advising how to avoid getting the dredded ticket. WELL DONE TO ALL A1+

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Me and my Partner could not fault this lovely hotel, staff are very friendly, and the room which was an executive suite was to the highest standards, the bath was lovely and deep, shower was relaxing, bed was huge, and it was quiet at night. We ordered a meal in the evening which was sent to the room by room service, The pizza was lovely and the fries are just like you get at Mcdonalds..The breakfast was superb all in all a very enjoyable stay, would definately recommend and stay again...thanks

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Love this place. Friendly, helpful staff. Always accommodating. Especially when travelling with children. I wish the breakfast was better though - the coffee was awful. And why do you have to pay for parking? I was 10 mins late after buying a ticket and got a fine!!!

• Stayed April 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2012

9 doors and 26 steps to the best room for single occupancy they have and not only could I not get the Tv to work (as neither could one of their staff) but also the anticipation of the jacuzzi bath I paid extra for not working when I got past the point of return.. ie ready to get in.. apparently user error - I need to know the ins and outs of some time and energy saving stuff they have going on... so why not add it to the "How to" on the wall of the bath which forgets to mention it..? The room is a good size but lacks a table - for which it has space...

Evening food.. fine if they are not busy - apparently - but a table of 7 (with 2 kids) was my fault - well that was how the diva of the only order taker made me feel.... He managed my glass of wine pretty sharpish then forgot about me hidden in a corner looking at the filthy floor of the table he sent me to and I managed to read cover to cover a supplement for the Mail and sip (slowly) through my wine before I surrendered and gave up on food from there... when he deigned to ask for an order I suggested he add the wine to my room and I would eat somewhere they wanted to serve me... perhaps I should have read their website first asking for experienced staff for waiting to apply... just in case you have this issue there is a perfectly good take away a mere minute away which serves decent food. Just walk outside turn right across the car park and walk down the main street for 50 yards or there is a chippy just along the canal at the other side of the car park...

Finish overall is a shame... curtains (hardly executive with their tulips and butterflies on brown background) needed ironing and decor finish leaves a lot to be desired in places as does the mfi style fittings but that is being relatively picky. Room was large once you got there.. no help was offered with my case but I could manage and the Tv is smaller than my laptop.. also could not connect to the wifi and when I did was horrified to find it would cost £7.50... so I used my own mifi (3 network seemed good) which costs me £18 a month to use... don't you just hate hotels that rip you off for the internet? and couldn't find the hard wired internet - also had to move a bedside chest to find a power source for laptop. Having just chatted with perhaps the saving grace of this hotel in the form of Hannah is they should and usually do give you a code when you check in to get it for free... but someone forgot and most guests will just not even mention it... and will get a less than satisfactory experience.

Oh and would have gone bonkers at having to pay to park my car... fortunately my stay was a Sunday so no fee and after 6 it is free - this is on a sign in the rooms - shame it wasn't more prevalent on the booking site having checked again there are car parks shown but there is nothing to tell you there is no parking with the hotel at all. They also have a pigeon issue with over 40 counted roosting on the roof and judging by the white path surrounding the building they are there a great deal... and the mouse who scurried across the second floor (which I got lost on and shouldn't have been near) was not amusing.. well actually he was quite cute.. and not unexpected given the proximity of the river... he will apparently not be a long term guest..

Shame also that despite the name my hotel room only looked on the canal if you have x-ray vision through the building in front... and there was a permanent noise from an air outlet in the middle (may be an extraction fan from the restaurant or something?) and their radiators in the halls seem to knock permanently - which would drive me bonkers if it was outside my room. But the bed was very comfortable and clean and there were plenty of towels.

On Brighouse itself... it seems to have lots of shops and business going on from high end interior design to half a dozen charity shops but at half past 2 on a beautifully sunny Sunday there were none to be found... other than 1 slot machine shop, 2 pubs and 3 charity shops... shame but ended up getting and ice cream and newspaper from the Sainsbury's across the main road. This I ate on the canal bank as I watched a fishing competition finishing... which was quite an interesting thing to do given it is quite an industrial wasteland about to undergo some regeneration.

Many of the people wandering about were chain smoking and drinking but seemed pretty friendly. Would I come here again? If this is the best Brighouse can offer - probably not... Am I picky? maybe but I do stay in a lot of hotels... Actually the room was clean and the issues are easily resolved... other than the noise...

Were the rooms quality, designer or executive - no.. but would not take much to get there there... oh and a few staff.. the stair issue needs to be mentioned to people before they get there and the maze of doors.. so expectations are different... and the heritage wouldn't go amiss.. I upped the rating after talking to Hannah who was very nice... shame the waiter in the restaurant didn't listen to her dealing with customers instead of flouncing off...

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one nowhere near the extractor fans in the middle, ask for a wifi pass and make sure...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AmandaHillUK
Barton in the Beans
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed at Waterfront as we were attending a friends 40th birthday in the area. The hotel was recommended to us and the DB&B price we were quoted at the time of booking was very competitive.
The receptionist was very welcoming and had us booked into our room in no time. The room itself was very clean, modern and had nice little touches like a flat screen TV on the wall (not what you've normally expect in a 'budget' hotel). It was extremely comfortable and we were also very impressed with the high standard of the rest of the hotels public areas too. The staff were friendly and were always on hand to offer help if needed.
The Italian restaurant next door is called Prego and is owned by the hotel, so our dinner was taken here. The food was really lovely, but the service and the overall ambiance of the place was what really made it a great experience - just what you'd expect from a decent Italian restaurant.
The breakfast the next morning was cooked to order, rather than a buffet, which was much better as it arrived hot and fresh. Again, the service was fantastic and the staff seemed to genuinely be enjoying their jobs - rare these days in a lot of hotels !!
Overall, a fantastic, friendly hotel at extremely competitive rates - we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the road, yet still quiet - so I'm sure any will be fine?
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
#10 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to The Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!