All reviewspregoexecutive roomjacuzzi bathper houreggs cooked to ordercar parkitalian restaurantpay and displaytown centrehash brownsair conself servicemini barfriendly hotelbooked this hotelexcellent value for moneyfries
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed at the Waterfron Lodge over Bank Holiday weekend for a family event. Hotel in the middle of Brighouse which was very convenient. Rooms were clean & comfortable but a bit of a climb. Staff helpful & friendly. Breakfast as expected, good choice and staff effecient and patient with children.
A large party of us ate in Prego's on Sunday, food very good and very family friendly. Evenings ( as we were leaving) not so child oriented so much calmer atmosphere.
Have recommend the hotel for another family do in November.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My partner and I stayed here as we were attending a wedding near by. Firstly I would really like to say a big thank you to the young woman on the front desk. She was a real credit to the hotel and made our stay relaxed and stress free. She was helpful , friendly and put up with my endless questions.
We stayed in a delux room, this gave us far more space ( table and chairs) and a large bathroom. The bathroom was big with a jacuzzi and a walk in shower, which was lovely and powerful.
The bed was huge and so comfortable, both my partner and I were impressed and slept very well.
Only pointers I would give the hotel, maybe to have bath robe's, Toilet brush? (just encase lol) and a comfortable toilet seat.
Have change ready for car park too 60p an hour :-(

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Very good value for money, the standard rooms are tiny. The executive rooms are roomy however the steps to get up to these rooms are like the krypton factor assault course. Painters were in when I stayed and this was ok, The corridors are very small.
The breakfast was good and overall I would say this is a good NO FRILLS place to stay for one or two nights maximum. Beware of the parking , it is not free and the parking attendants are on the go quite early

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We booked an Executive Room and really enjoyed our one night stay. We would have been happy to stay there long if we had reason to stay in Brighouse. We had gone for one night as we were at a rock & roll night at The Ritz Ballroom.

There are two car parks close by. We parked in the 30p per hour one at the side of the hotel by mistake but moved to the one in front (50p per hour). Also this is protected by CCTV. Parking is free after 6 and on Sunday.

Reception was quick, friendly and efficient.

Room was clean and well appointed. We were glad that we chose the Executive option. The hotel DID seem like a rabbit warren (Executive Rooms are further away) but we got used to it after a while.

Enjoyed breakfast. There was a warm buffet or you could select other cooked options. I must agree that the sausages are inferior, and this, (with soggy hash browns) let it down a bit.

We got an excellent rate from Late Rooms and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The location was great, about 4 minutes from the station and in town, the staff were very friendly and helpful on reception and the room was really very nice. I went for an executive room and at the price I paid was pretty good value for money. The room was of a good size, modern, clean and simple in design with an excellent bathroom with jacuzzi bath and good soaps shampoos etc. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was fine with a veggie sausages option and service was quick and pleasant with a good choice for a smaller hotel. I was really happy with my stay and would not hesitate to stay again if in the area. I sat in hotels very frequently for work and most you tend to forget but this certainly stood out for good reasons. The restaurant attached (Italian) has a very good reputation locally. I did not eat there but was told that it was excellent by a local who has.

As a tip, two good pubs all of 2 minutes from the hotel. The Old Ship Inn was a really pleasant friendly local with an excellent choice of beers (a proper pub and local award winner) and the Wetherspoons the Richard Oastler was also good, certainly one of the better Wetherspoons I have been to.

No hesitation in reccomending to others. As a suggestion

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business