“Used to be great but seems to be going off the boil ?”
Review of Brighouse Spice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brighouse Spice
Ranked #56 of 75 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have been using Brighouse Spice in it's various guises for six years now, and the food and service was always exemplary.

The curries in general are very rich tasting and have a great amount of sauce which I enjoy in a curry.

Unfortunately over the past couple of months things seem to be going somewhat awry.
The last three orders I have placed have all contained errors which I was not happy about.

Firstly they delivered a small curry rather than the large I had ordered.
This was somewhat resolved by the promise of a large item instead of a small at the cost of small upon my next order.

Unfortunately my next order, which is ALWAYS, predictably the same every time, came with lamb rather than chicken which I ordered.

I rang to complain, and the new rather non -customer focused woman who they have now employed was totally unhelpful and suggested that I did not know the difference between lamb and chicken!! As a result I went up to their premises, and the owner and chef WAS helpful although the woman did not seem to be happy at my appearance!

This week after my order being taken in the now usual frosty manner, the food arrived in a reasonable time. The onion bahji was good, as was the meat samosa. Unfortunately the chicken rogan josh did not have very much chicken in it, and this week seemed to have an air or coconut creaminess about it, which I did not enjoy. Normally their rogan josh does NOT contain coconut, and that's one of the reasons I order it.

All in all, I am very disappointed by the poor service and now the drop off in food quality from Brighouse Spice. I will probably try them again in the future, though at the moment I will probably start trying some of the other local establishments which will hopefully value my custom.

1  Thank IamDanielShaw