“Great service”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for business , had my room upgraded to the suite and I must stay the staff were very helpful , sleep quality was good and the food service was also ok , have used this restaurant a couple of times now and will defiantly use it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Deepcargreeks55
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Deepcargreeks55,

I wanted to write and thank you for the kind review that you have written following your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I have shared your review with the Hotel team and they were as delighted as I was to read it.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Talk about value for money, the family all 10 of us brothers and sisters went to the Hoilday in at Brighouse junction 25 FAB U LOUSSSS.... We used all the facilities, sauna steam room gym jacuzzi and swiming pool before we had the New years Eve Party. The food was good, the atmosphere was great and the disco just right ! This is our 3rd year there and it did'nt disappoint us, and next morning full english breakfast served till 12 whatmore could you ask for at £140 each couple. The very best value in the area if not West Yorkshire

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms have better access to the spa
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmandjb
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear mmandjb,

Thank you for the Fab u lous review.

We are delighted that you everyone in your party enjoyed a relaxing, fun filled New Year here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and that you were able to use all the facilities available.

I have shared your review with the whole team here at the Hotel and they were thrilled to read such great praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully for our next New Years Celebrations if not before.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days over the Christmas break period. We were visiting relatives in the area and would be arriving late, so wanted to call the hotel as a courtesy, only to find that I could only contact Reception via an 0871 premium number.

The room was clean and well-equipped but the bed was rather tired and we tended to roll into the middle, which did not make for a comfortable night's sleep. The room was also warm and it was impossible to fully switch off one of the radiators. Other than that, everything was to the expected Holiday Inn standard.

Breakfast on the Sunday morning was leisurely and of good quality, with eggs available cooked to order. On our second morning, we arrived in the restaurant at 9.33 to find that the hot buffet had been cleared away and to be told that breakfast finished at 9.30. Whilst, under sufferance, the waitress found us a limited selection of hot food, a number of other guests arrived after us and were turned away, including a mother with two very young children.

We raised this with the duty manager, who was apologetic and refunded the cost of our breakfast. It transpired that we should have received a welcoming letter at check-in which laid out the restaurant hours, checkout times and other important information, but we were not given this. There was no information in the room to indicate mealtimes and this clearly caught out a number of people, ourselves included. Poor communication apart, I think that closing the restaurant at 9.30 over a holiday period is a very poor policy, as the vast majority of the clientele was people visiting for leisure purposes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Traveller130853,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your stay here at the hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your 'Holiday Inn' experience. I do apologise that you did not receive a Welcome letter with the timings for our Restaurant service for over the Festive period. I can offer no excuse other than carelessness and lack of attention to detail on our part for this oversight and an happy that our Duty Manager was able to rectify this to your satisfaction.

It is our guest's feedback that enables us to maintain and improve our service standard and facilities here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting relatives in the area. Booked the day before travelling and tried the Holiday Inn site first using my Priority Club reward card. I was offered a reduction but decided to check other sites before I confirmed. So glad I did as there was a further £20 reduction if booked through Booking.com. The hotel was in a good, elevated position and in quite a rural setting. It appears to have only two levels - our room was on the first floor and had a balcony with an open view. Unfortunately, didn't get chance to use the gym or spa but saw them as we walked to our room. There appeared to be plenty of public spaces throughout the hotel. We were expecting to leave early in the morning so didn't have breakfast in the hotel either. The room was clean, nicely furnished with a table and chairs, desk, flat screen TV, trouser press, iron and ironing board. Would have happily spent more time in the room/hotel if it had been on another occasion. Staff on reception were pleasant and welcoming. Huge car park with plenty of free spaces. The only negative feedback would be for the bed. The mattress was in need of replacing as it wasn't comfortable and my back ached in the morning but this would not deter us from staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with a balcony and view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Axeloskar,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel following your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while visiting your family over the Festive period.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed while attending my cousins wedding at the hotel. Rooms cleans and tidy as expected, noisy and cold outside but warm and quite inside. Comfortable beds, plenty of pillows. Spotless bathroom. I found the light switches confusing and would have liked information on breakfast in the room. Unfortunately i did have trouble sleeping but this was no result of the hotel, and night staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast again was to the same expected standard.

Dear April H,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your experience here at the Hotel and to make your stay more convenient on future stays would like to make you aware that you can find further details of the facilities and opening times of the Restaurant, Bar and Spirit Health Club within the Menu option on all in room Televisions.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed on a Friday night as my partner had hers works Christmas party, as a Platinum member I am used to recieving upgrades having stayed at a number of IHG hotels in the UK and in Europe, but this was by far the nicest room I have stayed in in any IHG hotel.

We were upgraded to the luxurious Lacy suite (without requesting it) and we couldnt have asked for any more.

The staff including reception, bar, restuaraunt Health club and cleaning staff were excellent in every way and it was a pleasure to be treated so courteously and considerately

My congratulations to the management team and staff at Leeds Brighouse , IHG should in my opinion be using youre hotel as a benchmark for good customer service and as an example of what all IHG hotels should aspire to.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent , the Lacy Suite was by far the best room I have stayed in in any IHG bra...
1  Thank Kev A
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Kev A,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding our staff and the service that you received during your visit. I do agree that we have a great team here at the Hotel and they were thrilled when I shared your review with them.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I came here Thursday 12th December with a large group of residents from where I work, this is our third time here.
In total there were 30 of us and although the restaurant was full with other parties, the restaurant staff were superb. Special thanks to Luke and Alise who waited on us the entire time we were there and nothing seemed too much trouble, even catering for the special diets of those in our party . Christmas lunch was a bargain for what you get, good choices and plenty food well done.
Therefore if the manager reads this as I have seen you do please pass my thanks on to your team, I would be grateful for that. Hope to do it again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tracey G,

Thank you for writing a review for the Festive Lunch you attended recently here at the Hotel.

I am delighted that the entire party enjoyed their lunch and I have shared your review with our team, our guest's feedback is always greatly appreciated.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for our festive lunches next year, if not before.

Louise Dodd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#10 of 14 in Huddersfield
The New Hobbit
The New Hobbit
#1 of 1 in Sowerby Bridge

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!