“"Kicked out of our home for 2 nights"”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Halifax
“"Kicked out of our home for 2 nights"”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our youngest daughter and her husband with their 2 children have taken over our house as their new house which should have been ready last week was still in the builders hands and so they offered to put my wife and I up at The Holiday Inn Brighouse.

Whilst the room we had was perfectly adequate, clean and functional the breakfast left a lot to be desired. We both went for the cooked "full english", it was cold, plates taken away and fresh breakfast made, tepid at best, not a good start to the morning, many apologies but.... all you want is for them to get it right and you would have thought somewhere that is doing breakfast 7 days a week would get it right.

As anyone who has stayed here it is very close to one of the busiest motorways in the uk, so opening your bedroom window you feel as if you are driving from Hull to Liverpool!

I took advantage of the spa which was clean and very pleasant.
Stephen N
2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Stephen N,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
south shields
Reviewed April 14, 2013

stayed at your hotel with national express holidays. the room was spotless . the food was second to none both evening meal and breakfast . the only bad comment i wish to make is the lady who was working breakfast time (14th april) was approached by a gentleman guest and thanked for a lovely meal. but when the gentleman walked away she held her hand out and said to a male member of a staff and i quote. I should have asked for a tip there like. I found this to be very rude, comments like that if made at all should be kept to the banter in the staff room. could i just finish by congratulateing the manager your doing a fantastic job. keep up the good work we will be comeing back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear tylerjay,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the facilities within your room and the Breakfast, which we have recently revamped.

I was disappointed to read of the poor comments from the staff member that you heard during your visit to the Restaurant. I have communicated your feedback to the Manager responsible who I can confirm has taken the necessary action, including retraining to ensure that our staff are acting appropriately at all times.

We do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Dawn Bussey
PA to General Manager
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed overnight at this super hotel as part of a package from National Holidays. The hotel was first rate. The room was immaculately clean, with all possible extras:- well stocked tea and coffee making facilities, super complimentary toiletries , trouser press, hair dryer , large flat screen T.V. and a cosy pristine white bathrobe to borrow. We made good use of the large swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. Our included evening meal and breakfast were excellent. This is a 4 star standard hotel without a doubt. But at £4.65 for a small glass, I thought the wine was pricey - so bought cider instead. ( Not like me at all!) Noticed that a lot of people on our trip didn't frequent the bar at all. Are you missing a trick here Holiday Inn? Only other negative point was location - which was just off M 62 and a bit isolated. Taxi would be needed if you want to explore Leeds.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms had private balconies with lovely view over the valley.
Dear Gillian K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our Hotel following your recent tour.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and were able to make use of our leisure facilities.

I appreciate your comments regarding our Bar prices and these have been forwarded to our Head Office for consideration when they next review the pricing structure.

I do hope that when you are next in the area, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel to enjoy our facilities, food and service again.

Dawn Bussey
PA to General Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst we attended a wedding of our friends . The hotel and its staff were brilliant !! Our room was spacious, modern and spotless. The staff were polite, welcoming and very helpful.
Breakfast was Buffett style, either hot or cold and was delicious and plentiful in choice. If I was over that neck of the woods again I would definitely stay there again! A great weekend !

• Stayed March 2013
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Alibri1968,

Thank you for writing a review of the Hotel following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read within your review that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Feedback from our guests allow us to maintain and improve our quality of service, standards and facilities.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you do next have cause to visit the area.

wirral
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travelled with a cooleauge to Brighouse by train and we stayed in this hotel overnight,the staff were very pleasant and helpful, we had an evening meal in the bar , the sharing platteres were very good value for money.
The wine was lovely too although a little on the pricey side it was of excellent quality.
The rooms were very comfortable and spotless.
Would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area, the lesuire facilities looked great too , although we did not have the time to try them out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear scotts_lassWirral,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read your comments with regards to our staff, facilities and the Meal you enjoyed in the Bar. I have passed your feedback onto the team who were very happy to receive it.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area and hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy our leisure facilities on future visits.

COALVILLE, UK
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Decided to have a couple of nights away with the girlfriend and use some of the priority club points that I have built up. Check in was ok, received room key and went off to see what the room was like. Opened the door to find 2 single beds - not ideal for a weekend away! I went back to front desk and asked for a double room, and my request was fulfilled. Not sure why they did not ask what room I wanted - a double is my preferred option in my priority club profile.

Breakfast was great both days, although manic on the Sunday due to a coach party and wedding guests from the previous night. The staff were coping well with plenty of food.

I requested a morning paper on the Saturday, which I never received even after chasing on the way to breakfast.

Good location, it took us 20 mins to get into Leeds with no traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear CHRIS S,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor following your weekend away at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I do apologise for the mix up with regards to your room at your check in and am glad that we were able to rectify the situation in a timely manner for you and will be investigating the matter of you not receiving your paper.

I have passed your comment regarding our Breakfast Team onto them and they were delighted to receive your feedback.

I do appreciate your comments as it is feedback from our guests that allow us to maintain and improve our levels of service, standards and facilities here at the Hotel.

Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

did some work in hotel stayed for couple weeks all staff v helpful and no problems with all requests made towards them v busy and vibrant through day lots of business going on all good rates on high side also bar snacks beer etc a bit o/priced usual hotel problems i find but all in all good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear ian s,

I was delighted that you had taken the time to write a review of our Hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I do appreciate your honest feedback and would like to make you aware of the following offers in order to assist with the issues raised for any future stay.

With Holiday Inns Best Price guarantee we are confident that the best place to book your stay is through one of our designated websites and with the 21 day advance purchase* offering a reduced rate for booking in advance you will find the best rates we have to offer.
*Terms and condition apply.

We have Dinner vouchers for purchase which allow you to enjoy either a 2 course or 3 course meal, inclusive of 2 beverages starting at just £20.00, which I am sure you will agree gives great value for money. I do apologise if you were not made aware of this offer and have implemented actions, including re-training to ensure that our team are making all guests aware at their check in.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here at the Hotel and service that you received. I have passed this feedback to the team who are are happy as I am to have received it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
Briar Court Hotel
Briar Court Hotel
#10 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!