“Great business hotel - with good leisure facilities”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great business hotel - with good leisure facilities”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed for a week - and it was like home from home....

Location is great - just 2 minutes off the M62 - but really quiet.

Good standard of rooms and public areas. - I was upgraded to an executive room.

Plenty of space to relax in the lounges - Staff always friendly and helpful.

Food really good - and huge selection. (Ask about the meal deals at reception).

Bar staff really helpful - served drinks at the table.

Free parking - large car parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front or side of the hotel - rooms are bright and airy.... Buy a meal deal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear No1WelshFamily,

I was delighted to read your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, thank you for taking the time to post this onto TripAdvisor.

I greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the service received from our staff here at the Hotel and have passed this feedback onto the team who are as delighted as I am.

It is lovely to learn that as a longer stay guest the facilities were suitable for your needs and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel for future stays you may require.

Your Sincerely

Louise Dodd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay courtesy of National holiday break.Comfortable large twin room.Hypnosis beds giving a great nights sleep.Large flat screen tv all channels available,movie channel at extra cost.Great bathroom complimentry toilettries,tea and coffe in the room.Evening meal and breakfast of a good quality and choice in both cases excellent.In the main staff quite young however efficient,polite and friendly.not a complaint although bedrooms on two floors and no lift any mobility issues book a ground floor room,also it is a long walk to the restuarant.Purely a note of advice bar prices alarmingly high,take your own booze,sofa and coffee table in big comfortable room,put your feet up and order a movie much cheaper option.I would have no hesitation in staying anytime in the future,maybe I would have time to use the swimming pool which was free of charge.

Room Tip: Take your tipple with you bar prices extremely high,any mobility issues book ground floor room as no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear scott a,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you has such an enjoyable stay while on your tour. I have shared your feedback with the Team here at the Hotel who are as delighted as I am.

Since your stay with us Holiday Inn have introduced their new award winning breakfast into the Hotel to include new item selections as well as a fresh and modern look. Should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you next have cause to visit the area you will be able to enjoy this new Breakfast.

Next time you stay take advantage of our 'Hot Offers' Dinner Vouchers offering a 2 course, 2 drink for £20, 3 course*, 2 drink for £25 or 3 course*, 3 drink for £30.00* option *terms and condition apply.

Thank you again for your review.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Have stayed here a few times recently and it's an okay hotel, not amazing but okay. Rooms are large and clean while the gym has quite a decent setup so those were the highlights for me. Otherwise the TV channels are very limited, the food is about average and the staff are nice enough - all things considered it's pretty mediocre all round.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear sprir0,

Thank you for leaving a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed staying with us recently but disappointed that you didn't fully enjoy the 'Holiday Inn Experience' .

I would be delighted to here any specific feedback about our food and would like to make you aware that our chefs would be happy to provide a meal not listed on our menu providing that we have the ingredients, so that should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future we will be able to cater to your specific tastes and provide you with a great meal.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice & comfortable, clean spacious & quiet, central for everything, not too far from the city centre and also very close to Leeds General Infirmary, only a 10 minute walk away.The breakfast was lovely had a very good choice from cereal, yoghurt, yoghurt, fruit, toast, sausage, scrambled egg, tea coffee & fresh juice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear sheenamcq,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Dawn Bussey
Gloucs
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

First thing to say is that I can't comment on the hotel itself - I didn't get that far

There had been a problem with my booking between the travel agent and the hotel which meant that despite having had an email confirming my stay from the travel agent when I arrived late one night for my stay I was told they didn't know who I was.

Now to be clear I am not blaming holiday inn for this - I still haven't got a definitive answer as to whose fault it was - albeit a faulty fax machine seems to have been the reason

However the reason for the terrible rating was the rude and dismissive attitude of the lady I spoke to at reception who really did her employer no favours at all. Really unhelpful, no apology or understanding - her attitude was that it was nothing to do with her - go somewhere else - she wouldn't phone the travel agent, wouldn't accept my explanation of what had happened.

I have spent many nights at holiday inn's over the years - and have stayed here previously - but after this experience I will not be back!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear bob0406,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were only at the HI-Brighouse for one night, but it offered a nice, well equipped and quiet place to sleep, convenient for business conducted in the area, and just down the hill from the great "Black Horse Inn & Pub."

The only disappointment was that WiFi was not free, even to elite/gold IHC members, and the bar had very few British beer options on draft. Why is everyone in England drinking German, Dutch, Asian & American beer with all of that great British beer close by?! A question we found ourselves asking almost every day in England.

Room Tip: Many rooms are quiet a long walk from the front desk, so verify in case you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear KelekeWahine,

Thank you for writing your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and enjoyed a good nights sleep.

I appreciate your comments about the beers served at the Bar and will forward these to our Food and Beverage department at Head Office for when they next review our Menus.

Dawn Bussey
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nothing special.

Pros:
- Right off the motorway
- Plenty of free parking
- Friendly staff (somehow people up north generally are friendlier.....)
Cons:
- Limited TV channels (like all other holiday Inn)
- Tray charges which are not there in most other chains.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Traveler659,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our property here on TripAdvisor.

I grateful to receive your constructive feedback and will take your Cons list points into consideration.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I have passed this praise onto the whole team here at the Hotel, who are as happy as I am to have received them.

Constructive feedback from our guests is vital in enabling us to monitor and maintain our high levels of guest care and service.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Travelodge Huddersfield
Travelodge Huddersfield
#7 of 17 in Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!