“Pleasent Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay courtesy of National holiday break.Comfortable large twin room.Hypnosis beds giving a great nights sleep.Large flat screen tv all channels available,movie channel at extra cost.Great bathroom complimentry toilettries,tea and coffe in the room.Evening meal and breakfast of a good quality and choice in both cases excellent.In the main staff quite young however efficient,polite and friendly.not a complaint although bedrooms on two floors and no lift any mobility issues book a ground floor room,also it is a long walk to the restuarant.Purely a note of advice bar prices alarmingly high,take your own booze,sofa and coffee table in big comfortable room,put your feet up and order a movie much cheaper option.I would have no hesitation in staying anytime in the future,maybe I would have time to use the swimming pool which was free of charge.

Room Tip: Take your tipple with you bar prices extremely high,any mobility issues book ground floor room as no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear scott a,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you has such an enjoyable stay while on your tour. I have shared your feedback with the Team here at the Hotel who are as delighted as I am.

Since your stay with us Holiday Inn have introduced their new award winning breakfast into the Hotel to include new item selections as well as a fresh and modern look. Should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel when you next have cause to visit the area you will be able to enjoy this new Breakfast.

Next time you stay take advantage of our 'Hot Offers' Dinner Vouchers offering a 2 course, 2 drink for £20, 3 course*, 2 drink for £25 or 3 course*, 3 drink for £30.00* option *terms and condition apply.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Have stayed here a few times recently and it's an okay hotel, not amazing but okay. Rooms are large and clean while the gym has quite a decent setup so those were the highlights for me. Otherwise the TV channels are very limited, the food is about average and the staff are nice enough - all things considered it's pretty mediocre all round.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear sprir0,

Thank you for leaving a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed staying with us recently but disappointed that you didn't fully enjoy the 'Holiday Inn Experience' .

I would be delighted to here any specific feedback about our food and would like to make you aware that our chefs would be happy to provide a meal not listed on our menu providing that we have the ingredients, so that should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future we will be able to cater to your specific tastes and provide you with a great meal.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice & comfortable, clean spacious & quiet, central for everything, not too far from the city centre and also very close to Leeds General Infirmary, only a 10 minute walk away.The breakfast was lovely had a very good choice from cereal, yoghurt, yoghurt, fruit, toast, sausage, scrambled egg, tea coffee & fresh juice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear sheenamcq,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First thing to say is that I can't comment on the hotel itself - I didn't get that far

There had been a problem with my booking between the travel agent and the hotel which meant that despite having had an email confirming my stay from the travel agent when I arrived late one night for my stay I was told they didn't know who I was.

Now to be clear I am not blaming holiday inn for this - I still haven't got a definitive answer as to whose fault it was - albeit a faulty fax machine seems to have been the reason

However the reason for the terrible rating was the rude and dismissive attitude of the lady I spoke to at reception who really did her employer no favours at all. Really unhelpful, no apology or understanding - her attitude was that it was nothing to do with her - go somewhere else - she wouldn't phone the travel agent, wouldn't accept my explanation of what had happened.

I have spent many nights at holiday inn's over the years - and have stayed here previously - but after this experience I will not be back!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear bob0406,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were only at the HI-Brighouse for one night, but it offered a nice, well equipped and quiet place to sleep, convenient for business conducted in the area, and just down the hill from the great "Black Horse Inn & Pub."

The only disappointment was that WiFi was not free, even to elite/gold IHC members, and the bar had very few British beer options on draft. Why is everyone in England drinking German, Dutch, Asian & American beer with all of that great British beer close by?! A question we found ourselves asking almost every day in England.

Room Tip: Many rooms are quiet a long walk from the front desk, so verify in case you have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear KelekeWahine,

Thank you for writing your review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hotel and enjoyed a good nights sleep.

I appreciate your comments about the beers served at the Bar and will forward these to our Food and Beverage department at Head Office for when they next review our Menus.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nothing special.

Pros:
- Right off the motorway
- Plenty of free parking
- Friendly staff (somehow people up north generally are friendlier.....)
Cons:
- Limited TV channels (like all other holiday Inn)
- Tray charges which are not there in most other chains.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Traveler659,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our property here on TripAdvisor.

I grateful to receive your constructive feedback and will take your Cons list points into consideration.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I have passed this praise onto the whole team here at the Hotel, who are as happy as I am to have received them.

Constructive feedback from our guests is vital in enabling us to monitor and maintain our high levels of guest care and service.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Attended a function at the hotel which included staying over. Found all the staff friendly and the facilities very good . We did not try the pool or gym but had a look around and they looked very good. The bar area had a relaxed atmosphere and prices are what you would expect for a hotel. Had a hot steak baguette with chunky chips which came hot and tasted good. Breakfast was great with a lot to choose from. It was busy which meant the food was being replaced regularly. All in all a pleasant stay and would go back.

Room Tip: A funny as it sounds room 101 was great as it is at the end of the corridor so no passing foot traff...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, PA to General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear navidrof,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdivisor of our Hotel.

It is always a delight to received feedback from our guests and is very much appreciated that you have written following your attending a function.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the food and the service that you received while staying with us and that your room had been quiet and suitable for your stay.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back into the Hotel again.

PA to General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
Premier Inn Huddersfield North Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hartshead Moor
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds South

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!