“Typical Holiday Inn experience”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Typical Holiday Inn experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Perfectly acceptable one night stay. Reception staff were friendly and had our key ready for us upon arrival. Free drink at the bar and nice small bottle of wine as a Platinum Priority Club member. Room was good standard and size and clean with large flat screen TV. Free parking but wifi was expensive so relied on 3G phone (4G not in these parts yet). Breakfast was OK and typical Holiday Inn experience. Didn't use the gym or pool but it looked good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Chris J,

Thank you very much for posting a review onto TripAdvisor following your stay at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay and should we have the pleasure of a return visit to the Hotel in the future, and there is anything else that we can do to make your breakfast experience better, please do let us know.

Louise Dodd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and in laws with a coach party. We arrived at 1710 to be told by a member of staff (driver also informed us) that our evening meal would be served at 1730 (latest 1745) this was apparantly told to our tour company a week ago. After travelling and shopping all day in leeds this was not a good start as there was no time to shower and freshen up. We found out that there was a private party arriving for a meal, no doubt who paid more than our coach party so we were put in at a ridiculous time. After we decided there was no point in trying to reason we went for our meal and the food was good, especially the salad. The waiting staff were outstanding, one of the friendliest professional team I've experienced, although it did feel we were being rushed and they were being pushed from the management to get us out asap for other higher paying guests. The drinks from the bar were extortionate. The rooms were very clean, big praise to housekeeping but rooms were tired looking and could do with a refresh. The shower was a joke, barely a trickle, it took forever for my wife to wash her hair. We did have a balcony to walk out onto and it was lovely to see the rabbits running around on the morning, the view was stunning. Breakfast was by far the best meal and the coffee was lovely. Would we stay here again? Maybe, but we wouldn't be dictated to on what time we eat, we would probably go to a restaurant somewhere in the local area

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Pallionlad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Hotel. I greatly appreciate all the fantastic comments regarding our staff and their levels of service and hospitality, these comments have been communicated to the team and they were delighted.

I have taken on board your comments with regards to the meal time agreed with the your tour operator and going forward we will be working to ensure that all information is provided to Tour operator as soon as possible so that they can communicate this to their passengers.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Arrived to be told you're a room only. Reception guy was quite abrupt and not freindly. Wifi very expensive. Bed was nice and clean however the mattress was very hard. The chair in the room should be thrown out. Not impressed!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Neil S,

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a review following your stay at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse. I am disappointed that you did not fully enjoy the 'Holiday Inn' experience.

I do apologise for the welcome you received at your check in and while we do like to clarify the rate that has been booked it is not our intention to do so in an abrupt manner and we should also be offering our breakfast voucher which allow you to add breakfast to your room at a reduced rate while checking in. I have relayed your comments to our Reception Manager who has undertaken re-training with the team.

I do hope that should you be in the area in future, we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel to display that you did not receive our usual high level of service and standards.

Dorking
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I can't fault the staff at this hotel - without exception all those I met were friendly and helpful - but the building itself is a little tired and needs some tlc in areas. For a business hotel it is fine in all respects bar one for an overnight stay. The sticking point is the price they are charging for wifi - £16 for 24hrs. Am I alone in finding that unacceptably high? If anyone from Head Office reads this - then I believe you need to reconsider this because it will put me off ever using the hotel again. The reception staff were excellent in this regard - I pointed out to them (politely) that I thought that price was little short of extortion and that I would use the 3g on my phone, and headed off to my room. Sadly my key failed to open my door, so I had to trail back to reception - I was met by one of the receptionist as she saw me approaching, and she then rushed off to sort me another key. On returning to my room, with a key that worked, a few minutes later there was a knock at the door - same receptionist with a ticket for free wifi by way of apology. I can't fault this level of service - but it won't change my opinion that the price being charged will prevent me from staying there again - and on top of that - will lead me to giving any Holiday Inn a miss in future, unless there really is no alternative choice in an area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear PlummyDorking,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had received the excellent level of service that we endeavour to provide here at the Hotel and have displayed your review on our noticeboard for all our employees to see.

I understand that there are some Hotels that offer “free” Internet, but as I am sure you may have experienced, often these systems are narrow in bandwidth or limited in usage. The system at the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse is market leading, providing uncontested bandwidth of 14mb/sec download and a 2 mb/sec upload and, in response to our guests requirements, we have invested a substantial amount of money in the past 18 months in order to deliver an internet solution meeting the needs of our guests for today and tomorrow.

I was disappointed to read that you experience a problem with the key card to your room not working but delighted that Nicola, was able to remedy this issue to your satisfaction.

I do hope that should you have cause to visit the area again that you will reconsider visiting the hotel as we would like to have the opportunity be of service to you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very happy experience here - stayed one night and was very good value for money and has lots of facilities which unfortunately I did not have time to take advantage of.. People on front desk were very helpful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear GTGTGTGT,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our Hotel here on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

Our staff, in particular the Reception Team, were delighted when I shared this kind feedback.

We hope that next time you will be able to take advantage of the facilities that you were unable to use on this occasion.

Cardiff
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in early November.. Lovely friendly staff, really helpful. I really object to extortionate cost of wifi.. Should be included on this cost of room and when catering to business travellers.. (All travellers in fact).

If you want great service (personal experience of restaurant 'The old Mill' was genuinely astonishingly good), delicious food and all important connectivity, then I would recommend the Premier Inn at Huddersfield North. A really really great. Claire at the old mill who presented my food.. thank you for being amazing... Superb service...

Room Tip: Make sure it's a double
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robertspjm
Dear Robertspjm,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service that you received from our employees during your stay.

We do endeavour to provide warm, genuine serving here at the Hotel, which you have already experience during your interactions with our Reception Team and should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future, I would encourage you to dine within our Junction Restaurant, currently serving 'Best of British' where you will discover our service is of the highest standard and we do have some regular special offers and themed evenings.

I have noted your comments about the cost of internet and will ensure that this is taken into consideration when next negotiating the contract with our suppliers.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future and thank you again for your review. It is only with your feedback that we can continue to maintain and improve our levels of service.

Your Sincerely

Cheshire, UK
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on a recent planned visit to Huddersfield . Apart from it being a lovely weekend with friends, the whole experience was enhanced by the standard of the hotel. The hotel was clean , spruce and pleasant in all areas . Rooms were great - everything worked, quiet nights sleep - no faults. Love the choice of pillows still . The outstanding feature was that the staff were so so so nice - professional , friendly ( a real Yorkshire friendly - whichy I love ) , and efficient. I would most certainly stay again even as just a 'get away from it all' weekend . Give it a try

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear leisurefan,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete this review of our Hotel.

I have forwarded your comments to all the team here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and they were as delighted as I was to have received them.

We greatly look forward to giving you more warm Yorkshire welcomes for all future stays.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
#3 of 17 in Huddersfield
Gomersal Park Hotel
Gomersal Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gomersal

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!