“Friendly, a bit soulless, extortionate wifi”

Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brighouse
Cardiff
“Friendly, a bit soulless, extortionate wifi”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed in early November.. Lovely friendly staff, really helpful. I really object to extortionate cost of wifi.. Should be included on this cost of room and when catering to business travellers.. (All travellers in fact).

If you want great service (personal experience of restaurant 'The old Mill' was genuinely astonishingly good), delicious food and all important connectivity, then I would recommend the Premier Inn at Huddersfield North. A really really great. Claire at the old mill who presented my food.. thank you for being amazing... Superb service...

Room Tip: Make sure it's a double
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robertspjm
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Robertspjm,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service that you received from our employees during your stay.

We do endeavour to provide warm, genuine serving here at the Hotel, which you have already experience during your interactions with our Reception Team and should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future, I would encourage you to dine within our Junction Restaurant, currently serving 'Best of British' where you will discover our service is of the highest standard and we do have some regular special offers and themed evenings.

I have noted your comments about the cost of internet and will ensure that this is taken into consideration when next negotiating the contract with our suppliers.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future and thank you again for your review. It is only with your feedback that we can continue to maintain and improve our levels of service.

Your Sincerely

Louise Dodd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on a recent planned visit to Huddersfield . Apart from it being a lovely weekend with friends, the whole experience was enhanced by the standard of the hotel. The hotel was clean , spruce and pleasant in all areas . Rooms were great - everything worked, quiet nights sleep - no faults. Love the choice of pillows still . The outstanding feature was that the staff were so so so nice - professional , friendly ( a real Yorkshire friendly - whichy I love ) , and efficient. I would most certainly stay again even as just a 'get away from it all' weekend . Give it a try

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear leisurefan,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete this review of our Hotel.

I have forwarded your comments to all the team here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and they were as delighted as I was to have received them.

We greatly look forward to giving you more warm Yorkshire welcomes for all future stays.

London England
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here on business in Bradford, after travelling from the North West. Very convenient location, just off the motorway. The facilities were good, with a nice clean bar and restaurant. There is a gym and pool (didn't go in either). Every member of staff I met was very helpful and friendly without being too "over the top". The evening meal and breakfast I had were very good and reasonably priced. I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel for business use.

The only criticism I had was that the wireless internet was expensive, but that is a very minor gripe as most Hotels of this quality charge a similar price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Stepgo,

I was delighted to read your review of our property, thank you for taking the time to complete it.

I was very pleased to learn that you had been able to experience our Food and Beverage facilities and hope that you enjoyed our 'Best of British' menu.

When we next have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, I do hope that you will have the time to be able to enjoy the Spirit Leisure Facilities.

Willenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

All the staff at the hotel were really friendly and very helpful. What was nice is that you were asked what your name was at breakfast rather than your room number. Food was good and the goat's cheese,apple and pear salad was really nice. Rooms very clean and large size however,would have liked a larger bath towel. Did not get to use the spa facilities but hopefully will be able to stay here again and try it out. They were also able to make me a sandwich to take with me for lunch which was much appreciated.
I would like to say thank you to all the staff

Room Tip: I stayed in room 218 1st floor which had a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Jane F,

I was happy to read your review of our Hotel and thank you for taking time out of your day to write this.

We are always delighted when our guests enjoy their 'Holiday Inn' experience and that you could really enjoy a stay tailor to you, by fulfilling your particular requests.

I am grateful for the feedback regarding the bathroom towel, which I will take under advisement and will endeavour to provide an adequate solution for when we next have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Thank you again for your review.

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here with National holidays and the hotels that are usually used by the company are basic and not very classy but this one puts them to shame!
It was fabulous! Enjoyed every minute of our one night stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable and not at all noisy. The food was delicious and plentiful, the waiting staff and the manager where friendly and very helpful. The public areas were clean and well presented. We even made the effort to get up early and have a swim and a sauna and it was fun watching the rabbits playing on the grass outside the window while we had a soak in the jaccuzzi.
The hotel is well worth a visit and if you are up to tackling the walk up the hill to the village you will find a lovely little pub, if not sit back and have a relax in the hotels lounge area.
Well Done to all at the Holiday Inn Brighouse.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LesleyS1958,

I write following your review of the Holiday Inn Inn Leeds Brighouse.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, I have communicated these kind comments for our staff directly and I can confirm that they were incredibly pleased to learn that they had been of such great service.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future, whether you are enjoying another tour or just visiting the area.

Berkshire
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have to say I was rather impressed for some reason I was not expecting great things of the hotel. The room was huge with two double beds, very clean. There was some sort of ball/party going on, with a small child I was slightly concerned about noise but you could not hear anything. The leisure facilities looked good although we did not get to use them. (We checked in late and left fairly early) We had room service breakfast which was hot, on time and rather substantial, between two adults and a rather hungry toddler we could'nt finish it.
It was very close to the M62, with links to Mancester, Leeds etc

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear WindsorEatsoutalot,

I was delighted to receive your review via TripAdvisor and thank you for taking the time to write it following your stay here at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse.

It is a pleasure to read that your room service breakfast was enjoyable. I hope that if we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future, you will have time to enjoy all our facilities including the Spirit leisure club.

Constructive feedback from our guests is vital in enabling us to monitor and maintain our high levels of guest care and service.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overnight business trip, leisure facilities very good, big pool which is well heated, sauna, steamroom, jacuzzi, and a well equipped gym.
Room was fine, with balcony overlooking the hills towards the west, with some M62 noise, if left open of course.
The only reasons for not giving 4 stars were the shower, which either scalded me or froze me, and the pitiful room service food.
The roast beef, horseradish sauce, and watercress on a malted brown bloomer sandwich sounded OK, in reality it consisted of two very dry slices of defrosted bread, a wafer thin sliver of mystery meat, a splat of horseradish sauce, and a wilted sprig of watercress. Appalling for £6. The chunky chips (£2 extra) were OK, as was the slice of pork pie (extra charge too). The complaint at reception was well handled though, and a small refund for the tray charge and drinks was made. I don't expect Cordon Bleu cuisine from room service, but the chef really was taking the proverbial with that offering!
Oh, and when is Holiday Inn going to reconsider the wi-fi policy? £10 for 4 hours use. Pathetic. If I had a choice, and I often do, I would avoid hotels which make this outrageous charge. Work it out HI, Hilton etc. I reckon you must be losing more revenue from people who are put off coming than you are gaining by making this rip off charge!

Room Tip: ask for balcony room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear cliffy60,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Hotel following your recent stay.
I was delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy the leisure facilities within our Spirit Health Club and enjoyed the views from your balcony room.

Our Maintenance Manager is investigating the issue that you have raised with regards to the water temperature changing in the shower so that we can rectify the issue, so that future guests do not experience the same problem.

I apologise for the room service order that you received, our Executive Head Chef has put actions into place, including the re-training of the responsible staff members to ensure that all future food to leave the Kitchen is of our usual high standard. We have a Duty Manager on shift 24 hours a day who can be contacted via Reception should you experience any issue that you would like to report who will be happy to rectify them for you at the time but I was pleased to read that our Receptionist had resolved this matter to your satisfaction at your check out.

I understand that there are some Hotels that offer “free” Internet, but as I am sure you may have experienced, often these systems are narrow in bandwidth or limited in usage. The system at the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse is market leading, providing uncontested bandwidth of 14mb/sec download and a 2 mb/sec upload and, in response to our guests requirements, we have invested a substantial amount of money in the past 18 months in order to deliver an internet solution meeting the needs of our guests for today and tomorrow.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Louise Dodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighouse
The Waterfront Hotel
Travelodge Huddersfield
Travelodge Huddersfield
#7 of 17 in Huddersfield
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse? Share your experiences!