Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Days Inn Bradford M62(Hartshead Moor)
Healds Hall Hotel(Liversedge)
Cambridge Hotel(Huddersfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsnational holidaysleisure facilitiesswimming poolsauna and steam roomevening meal and breakfasthealth clubchanging roomstwo double bedsplatinum memberpublic areasgood sizebar areathe ground flooryorkshire daleslovely hotelhotel is situatedwedding party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is my second review of the hotel but it’s going to be my last because I won’t be coming back. I can’t accept the rip off charges for the internet. They are charging £16 per device per 24 hours for connection. This means that the charge to connect my lap top and my ipad overnight will add an extra £32 to my already pretty expensive bill. Last night I stayed in a Radisson Blu which was nicer than this place and they charged me ZERO for exactly the same service.

The hotel is perfectly nice and it’s got a nice gym and an OK restaurant but I do not like the Holiday Inn policy of charging what seems like a reasonable room rather then charging and extra £32 for internet access which the hotel could supply for nothing.

Check out my last review for more details

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear CoogMeister,

I write following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and would like to thank you for completing this review regarding your experience with us.

I was sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy the ‘Holiday Inn Experience’ and appreciate your comments. Constructive feedback from our guests is vital in enabling us to monitor and maintain our high levels of guest care and service.

Our internet provider guarantee both the fastest connection and highest level of internet security available but I do appreciate your comments with regards to the price of Internet access and while this contract is centrally negotiated by our Management Company, IHG, I will ensure that your comments are passed to the procurement team to consider when they next re-negotiate.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Have just returned from a weekend in the Dales with National Holidays, often hotels with
this company can be quite poor, but this was an exception to the rule. The Manager and
Staff were very polite and attentative as a party you can often feel second class this was
not the case here. The rooms were large and immaculately clean, the choice and standard
of food was very good, although there was a Wedding Reception on we were not
disturbed by it, our room was well away from any noise, would definately return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine P
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I have communicated your review to the whole Hotel Team, who were delighted to hear such kind words of praise for their level of customer service and attention.
Constructive feedback from our guests is vital in enabling us to monitor and maintain our high levels of guest care and service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We go one several breaks a year with National Holidays and of the 5 we have been on this year, this hotel has been the best. The receptionist, Tony was there when we checked in at 4.30 on Saturday afternoon and he was still there when we left at 10.00am Sunday. He stood up to talk to us, ( unlike most reception staff) and he was always polite and helpful. The food was plentiful and tasty and the waiting staff were polite and cheerful. We were not there long but we felt comfortable in both our room and the dining area. A very enjoyable stay and we aim to use Holiday Inn at Brighouse again.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms with balcony. very quite and very comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear Crisjudi,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. Please be assured, your comments have been communicated to the whole Hotel Team, who were very pleased to hear such kind words of praise for their level of customer service and attention.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 31, 2011

The Holiday Inn at Brighouse is very easy to get too and conveniently located for business travellers and I have stayed here before on several occasions and given constructive criticism each time to the management. However, this time I have made the decision not to return. The following reasons are given below in brief:

On arrival no assistance offered with luggage, I was travelling alone and had a few items which I had to struggle with up stairs as there are no lift facilities.
Service in the Lounge Bar is terrible. Nobody checked on me to enquire if my meal was ok or cleared my plates afterwards.
Food in Lounge Bar was mediocre and on complaining not even an apology was given.
Dinner Service in the Restaurant is diabolical. It's as if the waiting staff don't want you there and by being there you are inconveniencing them.

Sorry Holiday Inn but I will not be returning this time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Aberdeenshirebell,

Thank you for your review it is always useful to us to hear about the guest ‘Holiday Inn experience’.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you experienced throughout your stay. Let me assure you that your comments from this review have been communicated to all the Management team within the Hotel in order that he can re-train the team in appropriate customer care skills. I invite you to contact me at the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse should you wish to discuss any specifics in relation to this review.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that you no longer wish to stay here at the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse and hope that in time you may change your mind and give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in order to show the improvements that we have able to make following your comments.

Thank you again for taking the time put your comments forward.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a bog standard big hotel with little attention to detail. The receptionist seemed disgruntled to interrupt a conversation with a colleague to check us in. One of the reasons we picked the hotel was to use the swimming pool, however this was out of action. The breakfast was a buffet with cooked items kept warm (ish) on hotplates. Hmmmm. On the plus side our room was spacious and light. However, this is not somewhere we would rush back to.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulab011
HI-LeedsBrighouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Paulab011,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you experienced at your check in and be assured that your comments have been noted and communicated to our Reception Manager in order that he can re-train the team in appropriate customer care skills.

I am pleased that you will continue to use Holiday Inn and assure you that when we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse you will not receive the same poor welcome.

Thank you again for taking the time put your comments forward.