We stayed for two nights in May, we should have stayed down the road at The Premier Inn and saved some money. This is one of the few business hotels I have ever stayed in where you pay more for a weekend night than you do for a week day. I mean - if this was Venice fine but Brighouse? We were on the first floor, with no lift and a fair walk from reception with quite a few bags and no offer of help.
The place looks tired, not clean but not dirty either, just slightly grubby. Not what you expect from Holiday Inn.
The room was average, with a flat screen TV that had the big 5 channels and some others that I found by playing about with the system. Not the full freeview package however. The door to the balcony was open with no key to lock it. Despite asking reception to either give us the key or lock it themselves it remained unlocked for the time we were there. So wind and road noise sent us to sleep. Towels in the bath for changing were not changed. Shampoo and soap not replenished. It's just minor things that make up a bad impression when joined together.
It seems to be the place for wedding receptions - so expect noise and dissruption on Saturday night. We quite fancied a drink in the courtyard but that wasn't allowed as we might peak into the wedding celebrations - so we didn't bother having a drink there at all. In fact we didn't use any of the facilities and couldn't wait to get out.
I think you can do better at other chains, and if I was staying in the area again I would go somewhere else.
If this is how the Holiday Inn brand now represents itself, it had better watch out. More agile competitors with a far better product at a competitive price are in the market!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the contemporary Express by Holiday Inn Leeds City Centre - the modern choice for business or pleasure!Our reception, lounge, breakfast area & meeting rooms have been transformed with an extensive public area refurbishment. We boast a stunning, contemporary look that combines style & comfort.Our modern hotel offers en suite guestrooms with air conditioning, satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer & power showers. Our value room rates also include complimentary continental breakfast. Additional facilities include car parking & refurbished meeting rooms. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds hotel is just a 10-15 min walk from the main city centre offering lots to keep you occupied including an excellent choice of restaurants, cafe bars, over 1000 shops & unique venues including the Corn Exchange & Victoria Quarter.Our Leeds hotel is ideally situated on the city centre perimeter making it convenient for Leeds University, Leeds Metropolitan University, business & financial district, courts & Leeds General Infirmary. The Express by Holiday Inn Leeds is also a great choice for sports fans with Headingley Stadium and Elland Road Football Stadium (Leeds United) nearby. York & Wetherby racecourses are within a 30-45 minutes drive.NewsEvery room now air conditionedEvery guestroom refurbishedWe're now a 100% non-smoking hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse Hotel Brighouse
- Holiday Inn Brighouse
- Brighouse Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse England