“Five star banquet for two! Six courses ...I'm so full I can't stand up!!!!”

The New Great Wall Brighouse
Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 1998, we are a vibrant, traditional Chinese restaurant in the heart of Brighouse. Serving Cantonese and Peking style cuisine, we are committed to providing high quality oriental food and quality entertainment for all occasions. We will give you a great night out. Whether you are just stopping by for some quality oriental cuisine, or you are enjoying a full evening of entertainment with friends and family; The Great Wall Chinese Restaurant can provide all this for you. Accredited with 5 Star rated kitchen and Trip Advisor 2013 Excellence rating.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Visited Friday evening and chose the six course banquet for two with a litre of house wine. Price wise this was very good value. The welcome was friendly and we were shown straight to the table. Soup was delicious, plentiful and our mixed starters were won ton, spring roll, prawn toast, spare rib and seaweed. Followed by 3 duck pancakes each, so yummy... I'm getting rather full at this point!! We had a few minutes rest before three dishes of our choice with young chow fried rice (very tasty I could have eaten that on it's own) (if I'd had room) and each dish was really nice. Dessert and coffee completed the meal. Service was excellent, can't fault it.

2  Thank K8cat

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This chinese restaurant is my favourite in brighouse/huddersfield for definite! Really nice people providing great service and amazing food.. would recommend for sure.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've eaten here so many times over the years and I've never been disappointed. Friends I have taken, always ask to go back when they are visiting as they crave the prawn toast (can't get a better recommendation than that!).

Have eaten in and had take-away, and the food has always been fresh and tasty. James and his staff are welcoming and friendly, and as mentioned in previous reviews, the Sunday Lunch menu is fantastic value. Something like 6.50 for four courses last time we went.

The only thing they could improve on is doing Take Away deliveries...when I'm craving their Singapore Vermicelli it's such a chore to drive and pick it up!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Great Wall is a little Diamond hidden in a sea of old Yorkshire stone weathered and tempered buildings. There is a calm welcoming and warm atmosphere although it can get a little lively at times, in particular at the weekends.
James and his staff know their dishes well and are always happy to ask the chefs to adapt to suit your own personal needs.
I can recommend a healthy portion of salt and pepper chicken breasts, or fillet beef cooked in ginger and soy sauce.
The cost per head without alcohol, as I have China or Jasmine tea is around £12.00 per head. There is also a wide selection of vegetarian dishes to choose from as well.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This place is the favourite food place for both restaurant and take-away for me. The restaurant decoration is great with the bar looking like a Chinese building and photos in which you think you could actually be in China. There are always plenty of friendly staff who really look after you when you are at the table. The food is tasty, portions are generous, waiting time for food spot on and price is reasonable.