“Nice evening nice food”

The Old Mill
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chef & Brewer owned place with Premier Inn next door.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

i visited one evening with friends, we were impressed with the good quality food, service was great and nothing was too much trouble staff were excellent. Nice traditional pub feel Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Maeve C

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just a frozen warmed up pile of fodder. Starters could have come from Icelands 4 for £1 range and then only used two of them. Asked for my steak 'no blood' (I have done this for years with no problems) someone decided that meant 'burn it to a cinder' and the chips were Farmfoods value buy one bag get eight bags free.

No one came to the table to ask the usual 'is everything alright' We could not attract any ones attention or find anyone behind the bar.

We had to pay up front - if we had not, we would have refused to pay.

On delivery of our main course, we were asked if we wanted any more drinks - "half a lager please" Boom bang £1.55 please mid mouthful - ok I'll choke this down and fish the required amount from jeans pocket because I was thinking doing a runner for the said amount.

We gave up with the sorry excuse of a pub/restaurant and left.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Old Mill, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear touringtheworldslowy

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Old Mill in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited at the weekend with family that came to visit, having never been before we didn't know what to expect, the range of food is great and their standards were excellent. You get the traditional pub experience with that allowed quiet corner where you can unwind with a traditional ale and enjoy a chat. We couldn't knock the food and the service was great. What else do you need.

1  Thank UKworldtrotters
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant shares a parking lot with the Premier Inn, just off the M62 motorway, and about halfway between Brighouse and Mirfield. It has loads of seating, a wonderful, helpful (and goodlooking!) bartender called Ross who made sure that we got our drinks exactly the way we asked, and a friendly and helpful (head?) waiter (sorry I forgot to ask his name) who made several trips between the kitchen and me making sure that my gluten-free and casein-free (milk protein) requirements were being met in a tasty way. The food came in good time, hot, plentiful, and extremely tasty. The time was between 6 and 7 pm on a Saturday night. The wine selection was quite extensive and the one we chose was just how we wanted it. So it's a chain pub. So what? I had the crab appetizer and was surprised that it was not extremely salty - which I really appreciated! Two of us had the chicken satay (tastily garlicky), and one had braised lamb shoulder, which apparently was VERY tender and delicious. Lovely English potatoes - you just can't beat English potatoes for taste. There was no pressure to vacate our table although the place was filling up. Just an all-around enjoyable experience.

2  Thank sweetsween
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went for a meal yesterday I had the vegetarian meal it was well presented very pleasing to the eyes. good atmosphere and value for money.

1  Thank saroj555