“We went back”

Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Business, Special Occasion Dining, Entertaining clients, Cheap Eats
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“We went back”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited Bellini's again last night, and once again and I have to say we were definitely NOT disappointed. We went for the Early Bird menu, not because it was cheaper, just because everything we wanted was on it. My Husband had the seafood pancake, and I had the garlic pizza bread, both delicious. We also asked for a plate of olives and were pleasantly surprised by how many olives were were given, (our experience in other restaurants has lead us to expect only a few) We both followed with the seafood spaghetti, absolutely gorgeous. This dish tends to be my husband's 'yard stick' and he was delighted by the flavour and the variety of seafood. As I was driving, I had a glass of the house red wine, very palatable. My husband drank lager was pleased to note it was served cold and priced less than many of the local pubs! We didn't have room for dessert, but I had an espresso coffee, served as it should be, strong and very black. My husband and I have visited many Italian restaurants over the years, both in the UK and Italy and have to say that Bellini's ticks most of the boxes for us. For someone to complain about 'too much shellfish' after they have ordered a shellfish started and main seems a bit ridiculous, and I should point out that Ratatouille is actually French not Italian.
As we live very near Brighouse, I can see this becoming a regular eatery for us.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Freyasgran2011

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My partner and I go to Bellinis often and we find the staff really friendly and helpful, nothing seems too much trouble for them, we have been going for a few years now and will continue to go as we find the food really good and good value.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“a disapointing second visit”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited Bellinis for the first time a few months ago for a quick pizza and drinks, we found the staff great and the food just as you would expect from a regular Italian restaurant. We visited again last Saturday for a more leisurely meal but were disappointed this time. My husband ordered a mixed fish starter which turned out to be a selection of pickled seafood, it did not say on the menu that it was pickled shellfish, it had no taste of fish, just saturated in vinegar which he does not like. My swordfish from the special was very good and the saving grace of the whole experience. My husband had large prawns in a sauce for main which was ok but after a seafood starter too much shellfish. The vegetables were mixed english steamed veg without much taste, we thought that an Italian restaurant should serve ratatouille or something similar which complemented the restaurant style and food. The wine was only average. The staff were pleasant but didn't respond when we commented about the starter. A pity as we live local and would have considered going to Bellinis regularly.

West Yorkshire
“Good value early bird”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went for the 1st time to this Italian restaurant with my husband for our wedding anniversary. Had free parking right outside which is a bonus if rainy but had a few steps down to the restaurant, don't know whether you can park on the flat anywhere on the other side for those with mobility problems. Nice atmosphere inside, lots of chandeliers made it a bit special. We wanted to eat early so had booked for 6pm, there were several families with kids there at this time (usually that's us) but as it got later it became nearly all couples so maybe if you wanted just grown-up company go later (but it would be more expensive then. )
We went for the early bird menu, plenty of choice for £9.95 2 course & £12.50 3 course, served from 5pm -6.30pm Fr & Sat . I had garlic mushrooms to start which were delicious, my husband enjoyed his chicken liver pate too, both with bread & butter. The service was good, friendly & efficient but not too much. The main courses didn't impress us as much however: I always have lasagne as my" gold standard "dish in an Italian & somehow this one just ended up being average, I'm very picky about the right balance of meat, cheese sauce & tomato sauce & somehow it was lacking in flavour. It was piping hot though, as was my hubbie's calzone pizza. He said it was ok but has had them with more filling inside. We shared a tiramisu desert with 2 spoons which was very light, served with whipped cream on the plate, again ok but have had nicer. With 2 drinks the bill was about £28 odd so the meal was very good value for money. There did seem to be a lot of repeat customers that the staff made a fuss of. However for us we would prefer to go to "Il Tartufo" in Wyke, it might be slightly dearer but the food has more flavour, just our opinion.

“Distinctly average food.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was distinctly average. The pizza tasted like a frozen one and the chicken on it was very plain.
Flavour was needed!