“Big let down!”
Review of The Casa Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighouse
The Casa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Brighouse B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Big let down!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would just like to pre warn any body looking in to booking there wedding here!
We pre booked this venue back in June, we went to pay our deposit and was told it was alot more than what we were told by the wedding planner????
We then had to save up the exra, I called them once we had the money but the wedding planner was not there but i informed the lady that we were going that evening to pay for the wedding and i also told her the date and asked if the wedding planner could call me asap.(that didn't happen)
We arrived that evening and the lady that answered my call was confused to why she hadn't called me as she had been told that i was going to be called straight away????
We were then told that another couple had booked the venue on our date that day!!!
I have had nothing but a sorry. The staff were understanding but the manager was awful and basically told me that there was nothing they could do and told me to find some where else?!?!?!
I have never been spoken to the way he spoke to me. We now have to start from scratch and every where we have tried is booked. TOTAL DISASTER!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Amanda588
SamCasa, Group Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Amanda,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed by your recent experience. There were issues with booking and securing the date you wanted, we reserve dates provisionally for 14 days to allow customers to make arrangements for churches, registrars, deposits etc. The 14 days had unfortunately lapsed by the time your deposit was paid and in the absence of any response a booking was taken several weeks later.
I know that the alternative dates we suggested for you were not convenient, but I am afraid your suggestion of cancelling the second Wedding booking was by no means fair on another Wedding couple. If you would like to discuss the issue further please don't hesitate to contact me on sam@thecasahotel.com.

Regards
Sam Holmes
Group Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Morton
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I took my husband here for our anniversary for a night, the location is lovely, right by the lake, the restaurant is brilliant, food fantastic! Really recommend the hot rock options. Our room was lovely, the four poster superior room. The only disappointing thing about the room was the bathroom! Hideously dated, and quite dirty (although rest of room was fine) I will post a picture of soap dispenser which really should carry a health warning! The next thing was we were told in the evening breakfast is served in the restaurant, when it came to breakfast we had to eat on our own in the bar as they had a breakfast meeting, not a problem in itself but we wernt allowed in the restaurant to get our own cereal/tea/coffee, so the waitress (very friendly) server our cereal, milk on and all, felt a bit strange, nice to put your own milk on, and would be nice to have a pot of tea/coffee I our table but instead we were brought a tea and coffee, both of which were clap cold and sooooo milky you could t taste tea or coffee. The breakfast itself was beautiful though, very tasty. Like I said staff were friendly too (espesh Antonia)

• Stayed July 2012
Harrogate
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Have eaten a few times here when in the area, but not actually stayed before but the location is so lovely looking over a large lake it was too tempting not to! upon arrival we were upgraded to the feature room which had a delightful oak four-poster and fantastic views across the lake and canal. Room spotless with tea and coffee facilities and very comfy bed. We ate at the restaurant in the evening and can only describe the food as super. Lots of choice with plenty of fresh vegetables and very hot. The staff were very welcoming and attentive which all in all made a perfect stay. THANK YOU . Anita, Harrogate

Room Tip: Room 1, the feature room is lovely. Not very big, but at the end of the building away from lively s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

stayed with my daughter for 1 night and will defo go back.
we had a premium twin to begin with but due to a problem with room we were offered 2 double rooms instead.
premium twin was very nice and defo worth the little extra charge. very clean with bath and shower and a flat screen tv. the best bit was the patio doors that opened out so you could sit straight outside your room with a cuppa while looking out to the lake. the double rooms we had were small room with a shower and flat screen tv again nice and clean and did the job.
the only slight niggle is that the hall way to the standard rooms is laminate flooring and you can hear everyone walking up and down. these rooms are very near the bar as well so if your wantng an early night defo pay th extra and go for the superier room. we ended up going into the bar for most of the night as it was st pats day so very very busy and they had a band on in the marquee. very reasonable drink prices and the atmosphere was great we felt very welcome by everyone (even the doormen)
we went for breckie about 9 and there was a very good choice, we chose full english and my goodness when it came it was huge and perfectly cooked. the breakfast area is simply beautiful with spacious tables and a full glass front that looks out to the lake.
i would have no hesitation booking a function here the service is A1 but a special mension to luke and the girl with dark hair that worked well into the early hours and the she was back again at 7 am, compliments to you both and thanks again

Room Tip: premium rooms are the better ones on the ground floor. if you go for a standard ask for one that has...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mandz2
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have just finished a 2 night stay at what I can only describe as a well kept secret. The staff where superb, the room was immaculate and the food. The hotel is part of a well established Italian restaurant business and benefits from having professional management, aiming to provide a high standard of customer care in a relaxed way. I have through work, stayed at most of the hotels in this area and can say without reservation that this will not be my last visit to the casa hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We visited Brighouse from London for a family wedding, staying here both the Friday evening before the wedding and Saturday after. The hotel itself is an addition to the main bar and restaurant. The rooms are small but accomodating, enough for a short stay but not longer breaks. The place is situated alongside a lake with tiered terraces.

We ate in the restaurant on the Friday and were very impressed with the food and the service. We stayed in the bar for a few hours with our party before retiring to our rooms.

Saturday's wedding reception in the marquee was good all round, photos were taken on the grass before we were invited to seat for our meal. The food was all presented beautifully and the gentleman running the day was excellent. The evening entertainment was great, with the DJ keeping the dancefloor full all night - myself included (!).

Overall a great stay! We will be returning!

Room Tip: lake view was a must!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Just returned from an overnight stay at the casa hotel having been to a family wedding.
Myself, my husband and parents decided to check in early at the hotel ready for the evening wedding reception. The weather was glorious and having seen pictures of the
hotel on their website we thought it would be a good idea to have lunch,
and drinks over looking the
stunning lake, then return to our
rooms to freshen Up and change for
the party.
On arrival the hotel does not look appealing, it really needs some
fresh paint to freshen up it's look. The place was very busy with
families, couples and groups of friends, which I suppose is a good sign. We sat down by the lake side
which really does look beautiful and
had lunch. Which was very nice.
(cannot fault the food). Simple pub food what you expect, quite
reasonable too.
Around tea time we went to check into our rooms, which is done with the man in charge behind the bar, at the bar! He is quite rude too!! I
checked the price of the room with
him as we were led to believe it
was £50 Inc breakfast. (rooms had
been pre booked by the bride and
groom). I was then told I could only
have a superior room at £60, and I got a lake side view!! Not too pleased, but we just paid it!
This was also given to my sister who was next door to us. On arriving into our rooms we were both equally shocked to find we
couldnt even see the lake, just a
shed. We were also only given 1 bath towel in each room and to top
it off, neither of the rooms had hot
water!!
Luckily my parents room at £50 was just above us, had had hot water
and full view of the lake!!
They really should revise the
prices of these rooms. we didn't
expect a lot for £25 per person, but
warm water and a towel is not a lot
to ask for. Having just 45 minutes
to get ready (there was 6 of us to
shower) We were told an emergency plumber would be called
as they don't have one on site. All
the lady could say was "yeah, so we don't know how long it will be". Not
impressed, I decided to tell her we
were not happy with a few things.
We did get £20 back between us.
The party was great, good food, great atmosphere and decorated
very nice for a wedding. Bar staff a
little forgetful on your orders so
check what you are given. Also
expect a plastic glass, as they ran
out of glasses a few times!!
Don't go by the pictures on the
website for this hotel. The rooms
are really not as cozy as they look.
Just to finish off..... our rooms still had no hot water the following morning, I do hope they find that plumber!!
Nice as a pub throughout the day to enjoy the weather and relax.
They do need more staff to be on the ball, but I suppose many places do.

• Stayed July 2011