Popped in mid week as I'd had a killer of a few days at work and needed a treat. Got a table in the restaurant, no worries.
The menu has changed (as has the chef) but there are still some "old favourites" on there. Husband had the scallops with duck spring rolls, that he raved about. I went for the ham terrine which was excellent. Husband then had steak which looked very good. I opted for the famed steak and ale pie which was lovely.
All mains come with enough veg not to need side orders.
Didn't bother with dessert as we were enjoying our wine.
Portion sizes never look big at the Black Horse, but I can never manage a dessert. Maybe the plates are a bit like Hermione Grainger's bag in the Deathly Hallows?!
Another nice evening and we thank our lucky stars yet again that this is our local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olde worlde 17th-century inn located in the quiet village of Clifton, AA rosette restaurant, beautiful rooms converted from cottages. M62 just 1/2 a mile, away from it all yet close to everything. We are located in an ideal place for touring the scenic beauty spots of Yorkshire, the historic City of York and scores of Country Houses and Parks. Leeds, Bradford & Huddersfield are all less than twenty minutes drive away which makes us a convenient centre for traveler's on both business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Horse Hotel Brighouse
- The Black Horse Inn Brighouse, England