The single room consists of a very poor quality single sprung mattress overlayed with a double polyester duvet presumably to dull the impact of the protruding springs and overlayed with a double mattress cover all of which moves in the night. The pillow offered is a slither of polyester without any pillow protector and even taking the spare polyester pillow doesn't increase a true 'pillow experience', Access to the en suite facility is restricted by the bed, so beware you need to be slim to gain access. If you need to take rest in a chair...forget it there isn't one.
Dirty cockery was given whilst taking an evening bar snack and again my cup on the breakfast table the following morning had obviously escaped any dish washing techniques. First down to breakfast I expected a freshly cooked menu. The bacon I was offered was hard, dark and burnt. This was never in a million years freshly cooked that morning......I was in total disbelief that this could be presented as edible fare. Proceeded to check out.,.... my account had already been discounted. That the account had been discounted was totally irrevelant. I expected and required a good nights sleep in a quality bed with a freshly cooked breakfast in the morning as a bare minimum. I booked and expected a boutique experience as per their advertised crudentials...it didn't even reach basic standards. As it was, I left the Black Horse with a bad back, hungry and I'm still awaiting a promisied call from the manager. The only shinning star was the lovely staff who were very apologetic and showed a degree of empathy to the sub standard single room and service that I had endured . I feel the distant memory of the fairy story of the princess and pea riniging in my ear as I departed with the banner proclaiming the merits of the boutique experience the Black Horse in my rear view mirror.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olde worlde 17th-century inn located in the quiet village of Clifton, AA rosette restaurant, beautiful rooms converted from cottages. M62 just 1/2 a mile, away from it all yet close to everything. We are located in an ideal place for touring the scenic beauty spots of Yorkshire, the historic City of York and scores of Country Houses and Parks. Leeds, Bradford & Huddersfield are all less than twenty minutes drive away which makes us a convenient centre for traveler's on both business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Horse Hotel Brighouse
- The Black Horse Inn Brighouse, England