We are lucky to have the Black Horse as our local so are frequent visitors.
We had our wedding reception there in January and it could not have been better. Lydia could not have been more accommodating - nothing was too much trouble for her. We had a reception for 80 people - everyone said how fantastic the food had been and what a great venue it is. We had a hog roast and a carvery buffet - it was excellent - nothing was left. Chef made us a croquembouche rather than a traditional wedding cake. Candles, fire baskets and lanterns made the outdoor area very special.
I think it is superb value. The room hire was about £275 and the buffet £25 a head. There's no uplift on drinks. The DJ was brilliant - played everything we wanted and was a great laugh. We got exactly what we wanted.
We regularly attend wine tastings and other events. The wine tastings are about £40 a head which generally includes a 4 course meal and not short of 2 bottles of wine to taste - no half measures here! The "call my bluff" tastings are brilliant fun.
Sunday luch / early bird is excellent value at £15 a head for two courses. The a la carte is also fabulous quality - the food is of a high standard, but you don't think that the food has been "mucked around" - it's traditional with a modern twist. Portion sizes may look on the small size, but they are deceptively filling.
Owners Jane and Andrew make you feel very welcome. Their daughter Lydia organises events and has great ideas and insights.
The beer garden has just had a make over and we are loving the new seating area and Jane's mum's flowers. It's the perfect place to while away a bottle of wine. And if the weather gets grim, move inside and sit next to the stove!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Olde worlde 17th-century inn located in the quiet village of Clifton, AA rosette restaurant, beautiful rooms converted from cottages. M62 just 1/2 a mile, away from it all yet close to everything. We are located in an ideal place for touring the scenic beauty spots of Yorkshire, the historic City of York and scores of Country Houses and Parks. Leeds, Bradford & Huddersfield are all less than twenty minutes drive away which makes us a convenient centre for traveler's on both business or for pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Black Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Horse Hotel Brighouse
- The Black Horse Inn Brighouse, England