“Brilliant as ever”

Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Brighouse
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited here several times in the past year or so, always great. Fab food and great service! Visited here before with friends and family, fantastic!

SamCasa, Group Manager at Casa Bar and Restaurant Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hi,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor, I have passed your review on to the restaurant and kitchen team.. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We went to Casa last night for our friends 40th, it was a busy Saturday night and Casa was lively. Which was great as we were a noisy group of 8 girls. The first thing we all noticed was the very smoky atmosphere, it made our eyes sting and all our photos are foggy due to the smoke, I think this smoke was due to the black rock grill thing which is a bit of a gimmick, cook your own (already cooked) chicken at the table! I guess it makes more sense if you order the steak. I had the chicken Milanese which was meant to come with sweet chill sauce (I didn't think this was a good combo especially with an Italian dish) so I asked them to leave that off. The chicken was ok but very oily, had the cherry tomato salad which was good. We had a great evening and the staff really looked after us, the other girls in the group were regulars. The bill was very reasonable. Thought the decor was dated and a bit naff and lighting in the bar was too bright. A good fun place with average food not ideal if your into a romantic meal.

SamCasa, Group Manager at Casa Bar and Restaurant Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Hi Charlotte,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor. I have spoken with the Head Chef and restaurant team in light of your review. I'm glad to read that you found the service good and had an enjoyable night. Regarding your food we launched a new menu on Friday and I can only assume there were issues as it was a new dish. We would be more than happy to offer your a refund or alternative if you were unhappy though. We hope to see you again soon, if you have any issues please don't hesitate to get in touch (01484 401 717 or info@thecasahotel.com).

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was introduced to Casa by friends and I will be forever grateful . I love it from the exellent food which covers every requirement from fantastic good value carvery to Italian and Modern British and the ultimate steak on a slate. I would challenge anyone not to find something to suit their palate. The specials menu offers scallops and pan seared tuna fabulous and tantalising to the taste buds. This is my third visit as I adore the food the service and the atmosphere. There is something to suit all ages . Lovely bar area . Scenic views over lake and outside seating and bar area weather permitting. There are rooms available to stay which are reasonably priced from 50 to 80 pounds for bed and breakfast. I am currently in the four poster suite overlooking my outside balcony area a treat for my birthday and I could not be happier. I have stayed in 5 star hotels that not as lovely as this. Clean and simply furnished comfy bed and fabulous linen just to my taste.There is a marquee attached for weddings and parties which is lovely. I would happily book the venue for my kids weddings if they ever happen. Simply the best and I am not easily pleased. Casa Restaurant and Hotel you tick all my boxes !

SamCasa, Manager at Casa Bar and Restaurant Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hi Wendy,
Thank-you very much for your review - I've passed your comments to the restaurant and hotel teams, we're happy to hear you have enjoyed your visits! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards
The Casa Team

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Casa is one of my favourite places for lunch, and I've given them some cracking reviews on here. Had lunch again there yesterday and have to say that the service was great as usual. I chose my favourite cajun chicken on the volcanic rock slab. The chicken was great, but something was really wrong with the chips, which to be honest have been a major feature of past visits! Normally they do beautiful dark brown, hand cut soft chips. What I had were dry and overcooked and looked as if they'd been frozen, as you can see from my pic. It's a shame because it changed the whole meal, the whole experience and will influence my decisions in the future. I'm definitely not saying I won't be back because I love the atmosphere of the place and I KNOW from experience that they can do much better. Hope this is constructive and please don't anyone be put off going. I'm positive they just had a bad day

SamCasa, Manager at Casa Bar and Restaurant Brighouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hi,
Thanks for your comments on TripAdvisor, I'm sorry to read you were unhappy with the chips. We've had some issues with our suppliers in the past couple of weeks and had to use another company. I have spoken with the Head Chef and we are back with our previous supplier now.
If you do have any issues when you visit please just let somebody in the restaurant know and we will be more than happy to resolve it for you!
Best Regards
The Casa Team

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had just got back from a weeks holiday in Crete, and the 1st place we wanted to go for something "decent and yummy" was Casas. Even though it is a 12 mile round trip for us, it is well worth it.
Try the shared Italian platter-to die for.
Every member of staff here are attentive and nothing is too much for them.
Well Done to every one and cant wait to return.

Hi,
Thanks for your comments. We're glad to read that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you again very soon!