$58
$68
Travelodge Barnsley(Barnsley)(Great Value!)
$39
Travelodge
All reviewsthe pubwedding breakfastwedding venuebridal suiteamazing weddingbar stafffrom start to finishhigh standardwedding receptionwedding photosout of this worldfantastic hotelevening buffetseating arealovely groundscouldn't do enoughno lift
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Rogerthorpe Manor.
Mr & Mrs Taylor Wedding.
28/07/2017.

I cannot praise Rogerthorpe Manor and its staff enough.
From the first day of meeting Karen (Wedding Events Organiser) who is such a lovely and professional lady who took so much of the worry away. Helping, advising and being on hand anytime if we needed to contact her.

We (bride and family members) stayed at Rogerthorpe on the eve of the wedding in a family suite which was lovely with beautiful views across one of the gardens.

We dined there that night in the Jacobean and had breakfast in the morning.
Now I do not exaggerate when I say the food is second to none, absolutely top notch..
From beginning to end, all the staff always so polite and courteous and nothing was to much trouble.

The wedding day meal itself from the Bride & Groom and guest arriving to welcome drinks, photographs in the wonderful gardens and settings, to being escorted into the meal, where the room and the tables where dressed beautifully.
To being discreetly guided through out for the speeches/toasts, present giving, cake cutting etc was wonderful.
Again the wedding meal was fantastic. The food again I can only say, I'm sure they must have a Michelin Chef or two working tirelessly behind the scenes. The waiting staff, and Karen again were fantastic making sure everything ran according to plan and they did an outstanding job.

Rogerthorpe Manor itself is a beautiful historical manor set in the countryside with the most exquisite gardens/grounds making for the most wonderful photo opportunities for the bridal party.

Any faults?? Absolutely none..
It really was the perfect day in every way.

Thank you so much to Rogerthorpe Manor and its wonderful staff (those we had contact with and those who work just as hard behind the scenes) for making dreams come true.

Stayed: July 2017
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to us whilst attending Mr & Mrs Taylors Wedding here at The Manor.

Your review is such a pleasure to read and I am delighted that you had such a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us. Knowing that we were able to make such a memorable day for you all and all your dreams come true is such a honour. Karen is overwhelmed with the wonderful feedback and I will ensure that your review is circulated to all the hardworking time who also helped to make your day just perfect.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and on behalf of the entire team we would like to wish Mr & Mrs Taylor all the best for the future.

If I can be of any further assistance then please feel to contact me at the Hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Guests at a Wedding and what a fabulous day.From check in to check out everything was just fabulous.Reception staff quick,efficient,friendly and helpful rooms and beds spotlessly clean and very comfortable.The Wedding Breakfast was served under the supervision of a very 'on the ball' lady who ensured everything ran like clockwork and the food was delicious.A very efficient and swift change over from day to evening and disco and hog roast oh wow what a treat.The gardens and flower displays obviously tended by a man who enjoys his job how fabulous for photos.Just a wow day and night!Well done guys you have it nailed.Only improvements that could be made would be be to give the hotel more individuality with the decor,carpets wallpaper etc make it less 'chain hotel'.This however is nit picking as i can say this is without doubt the best chain hotel I have stayed in by a mile.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HHWestYorkshire

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to us.

I’m delighted to see that you had a great visit to us and enjoyed your overnight stay and the Wedding you attended, it’s always a pleasure to read when guests are enjoying themselves. All our staff take pride in their jobs and I will ensure your comments are passed on so we can continue to provide an excellent service. We are very proud of our gardens and I am sure our Gardening Team will be so pleased that this is being recognised by our guests. You will be pleased to know we have got some new refurbishments planned around the Hotel for the near future which will certainly give the Hotel a fresh look, which I am sure our many guests will be delighted with. Our Best Western Hotels are individually privately owned and our Managing Director works extremely hard to ensure the Hotel looks completely at its best at all times.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Excellent,Perfect,Staff fantastic very professional,Food out of this world,Compliments to the Chef,and his staff,And VERY reasonable and affordable prices,If your thinking of a celebration,dont hesitate to check this Venue out A************

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank mary c

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your review regarding your recent visit and I appreciate the time you took to write this.

Thank you for your kind words and I'm happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your visit.

I'm delighted to read about all the aspects of your visit and that we were able to provide you with great food, great service and an overall enjoyable experience, we strive to meet the highest standards possible to all our guests and I can see on this occasion we exceeded yours. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed onto the team, particularly our Chef and his team.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for my sons wedding . I could go on and on about how good and reasonably priced this place is but it would be way too much to read . My one fault is the layout can seem somewhat maze like layout of the building and anex's. Great stay though . Sure will go again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry P

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us to celebrate your Son's Wedding.

Thank you for your kind words and I'm happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your visit.

As we are a listed historical building we do like to keep the old remaining structure of the Hotel to its original state hence the corridors and rooms leading off the main building, we have provided signage to help our guests to find their way. Hopefully if you get the opportunity to revisit us you will be able to find your way around a little better having enjoyed your last visit to us.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I dont know where to begin from the moment we viewed this venue for our wedding we fell in love with it,and it just got beter and beter from there,the staff realy went above and beyond to make our day run smoothly and be everything we dreamed it would be especially our wedding coordinators nicola and karen who weather it would be a email or phone call were always at the other end to answer or put my mind at ease would definitely recommend rogerthorpe manor to anyone wanting to get married its perfect.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Harryevie
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for your review regarding your Wedding Reception here at Rogerthorpe Manor.

Your review is such a pleasure to read and I am delighted that we were able to make your big day so special and memorable for you both and all of your guests.

We very much appreciate your kind comments regarding our Wedding Manager Karen and Nicola I will ensure that they are informed, our team work extremely hard to ensure your day is everything you ever dreamed and I can see from your review that we have exceeded your expectations and beyond.

On behalf of myself and the whole team I would like to wish to all the best for the future as Mr & Mrs and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.