“The perfect day”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Badsworth
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The perfect day”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I married here on the 27th April 2014 and had the perfect day.

From the first day of planning both Karen and Claire were quick to respond to any questions or worries that we had and ensured that our stress was limited. On the actual day we were blessed with lovely weather and made use of the gardens for the photographs. The room was set out beautifully for the service, the wedding breakfast and the evening reception and the food was amazing.

Wedding planners Claire and Karen were there for most of the day and when they left ensured that we were personally introduced to the hotel Mangers who were on duty if we needed any guidance for the remainder. All the staff at The Rogerthorpe Manor were exceptional throughout the day and evening and everything was on schedule.

We chose the Rogerthorpe as you can make your day as formal as you wish in elegant surroundings and we wanted our guests to feel relaxed and comfortable. All our guests commented on such a wonderful day in beautiful surroundings.

Thankyou so much for a perfect day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property and the services we provide.

With many years experience with dealing with large Weddings/Events, it is our pleasure to receive such a brilliant review.

I hope you will come and spend your anniversary with us in a years time and re-live all these happy memories.

Senior Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for somewhere to hold your wedding, you couldn't do better than Rogerthorpe. Karen and Claire are the 2 wedding coordinators, and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rest of the staff are just as helpful, and the day went perfectly. The room was completely amazing, the food outstanding, and the entire experience was so much easier and less stressful than it could otherwise have been. Thank you all so much for your efforts.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to write a review of our property and the services we provide.

We have many years experience in Banquet and Wedding Service and I glad you have not been disappointed. We do take all reviews both positive and constructive extremely seriously and we thank you for your response.

We would hope for you both to join us in a years time for your anniversary...

Once again, thank you for your valuable time and you excellent review.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip and was very impressed by the accommodation, staff, food and location. The staff on reception were welcoming and helpful, the service in the bar was equally friendly and efficient. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The only minor issue I had was that because the ceiling sloped there wasn't room to shower easily, but that's just the nature of an old building. The food was great value, and breakfast plentiful and varied. Overall an excellent value hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms may have more height in the showers
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I am happy that your stay was an enjoyable one and we would certainly welcome you back in the future.

Being a 400 Year Old building there are certain limitations in place when it comes to interior modeling but I thank you for understanding the predicament that we are in when it comes to certain parts of our Hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed on business. The room was dingy with a great view of the roof. The radiator didn't work and I had to use the air-conditioner as a fan heater. The en-suite was recently decorated but there was no bath and the floor had a pronounced slope - which could be a problem for some visitors. the springs on every door meant that the doors slammed every time the occupants entered or exited, very annoying The food was nothing to write home about and there was a poor selection of beers in the bar. Wouldn't choose to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christian8469
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent review and for taking the time to do so.

We do take all Feedback whether that be positive or critical very seriously and I thank you for your recent comments.

I will look into your comments in greater depth in the hopes we can improve our standards to your liking if you ever do choose to stay with us again.

Once again, I thank you for your time in writing your review.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had our wedding here 4/4/14
Amazing from start to finish.
Location,food,room,grounds,staff we couldn't fault anything which resulted in the perfect day.
Claire and Danny thankyou for making it run smoothly.
Really appreciated.
Stacey & Steve x

• Stayed April 2014
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to review our property and the services we provide.

I am extremely glad that you were happy with your Wedding Reception. We pride ourselves on delivering the best service that we can.

I hope you will join us on your anniversary in a years time.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I got married on the 29th of March 2014 and had our reception at rogerthorpe manor. Right from the start, our wedding co ordinator Karen was friendly, efficient and willing to help us with any requests. She was very quick to get back to me to ease any stresses I had (which were a lot!!). The week before the wedding she added extra guests at a moments notice and recieved all our decorations with no problems. On the day, the running was so smooth and Karen and our awesome master of ceremony, Danny, made sure everything ran as it should which meant myself and my hubby had nothing to worry about! We had a wonderful new girl serving on the top table, Hayley, and she was very efficient and friendly and eager to please! The dj, lee, who was recommended by the hotel as part of our package was more than willing to play all of our endless cheesy requests despite them being really terrible! :) the food was amazing and the amazing staff ensured no ones glasses ran dry. Everyone was so friendly and keen to ensure we had an awesome day! The honeymoon suite was soooooo beautiful and comfy as well!! Also the company, Chantilly flowers run by Stacey Benson, that rogerthorpe manor use for their room dressing did an amazing job and made sure the room looked stunning!!! Overall, we had a perfect day and cannot recommend Rogerthorpe manor enough!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Clarefox01
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to review Rogerthorpe Manor and the services that we provide.

We do pride ourselves with ensuring our Guests stay's are as memorable and stress-free as possible.

I will ensure your Feedback is passed along to the relevant departments involved and I hope we will see you back in a years time for your anniversary.

Its always nice to hear when staff are doing a great job, especially new members of staff. I am sure the F&B Assistant you mentioned will be over the moon with your excellent praise.

Once again, I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to write your review.

Senior Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badsworth
Waterton Park Hotel
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!