“Home From Home At The Rogerthorpe”

Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Badsworth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Home From Home At The Rogerthorpe”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Having to stay away from home on business can be tedious at times, but having found the Rogerthorpe it's like having a second home in Yorkshire. I've stayed many times as you're guaranteed good food, a vibrant atmosphere in the a joining Jacobean pub and friendly staff. Clare and Michael who work in the pub add to my stay as they always have a smile on their face and when good customer service can be hard to find nowadays, they never let me down, so thank god for finding you .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest.

I would like to thank you personally in writing your review about our property and service.

We strive to make each and every guests stay as welcoming as possible in a relaxed environment.

I am glad you have found your second home!

I would also like to thank you for mentioning staff personally as all reviews are fed back to their relative departments. I am sure they would be happy to note that their Customer Service is having a large impact on guests staying at the Hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Danny Kaye

Senior Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked via Facebook special
Offer we enjoyed a little treat here , we ate at the Jacobean pub (which was nice better than average pub food - see separate review) and then stayed the night and had breakfast the following morning. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated not the best view but I don't come to stare out of the window. We had a lovely styled bathroom, comfy bed and very clean overall. All the staff were pleasant and we enjoyed our time (p.s please build a spa )

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We take both positive and critical reviews very seriously in order to constantly improve our service.

I am glad you enjoyed your meal in our Jacobean Bar and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Danny Kaye

Senior Hotel Manager
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was working in the area for a couple of days and stayed at this hotel as a lone traveller and I was very well looked after. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful even when I asked for someone to check the heating in my room, someone came immediately, bled the radiator and it was fine after that. I stayed during the really awful stormy weather and again, staff were very helpful in ensuring I could stay an additional night to enable me to drive home in better weather conditions. Food in the 1610 restaurant was excellent both for breakfast and for the evening meal - I did not try the bar food. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
21st February 2014

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor.

Your comments are great and I am really pleased that we made your stay feel like home from home. My staff work very hard in ensuring we receive comments such as these.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review us

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were attending a surprise 40th birthday party on Saturday and decided to book a room as we are getting married here in January next year and have never stayed at the hotel. Doreen checked us in and was very helpful as it was a surprise the details we had were very sketchy !!!! Also I had a couple of queries regarding my wedding and again Doreen was very helpful and is well deserving of the badge she was wearing stating she was employee of the year. We had a fabulous time at the party....the hog roast is to die for :) the bedroom was was a little disappointing ....we were in room 22 not overly big and the jacuzzi bath didn't work but the bed was THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and breakfast was delicious .....just what we needed to cure the hangover......bring on January we can't wait for our wedding at this wonderful venue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
21st February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and our facilities. Firstly, Doreen is a great asset to the hotel and a worthy winner of employee of the year for 2013.

We have just replaced every Bed within the hotel and we are delighted that you found these to be your liking.

We are currently enrolling a bedroom refurbishment program out which will see 6 new bedrooms added and the other 22 bedrooms and bathrooms all renewed in the next 18 months.

We appreciate your great comments and we really look forward to seeing you again soon if not before your big day!

dn110dw
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Attended a workmates birthday party that he had booked here and as it was a bit too far to travel we decided to book a room here . Glad we did because when I phoned to book and told the lady we were Best Western card holders we got a free upgrade ,by the way the card is free and you collect points and receive freebies here and abroad .
There was a slight mix up on check in with the room and this was quickly resolved we got to see two rooms and both were clean and comfortable and well decorated to a high standard.
Food at the buffet was plentiful and tasty my wife says although I missed out but I didn't miss the breakfast next morning , all I can say about this is ten out of ten for service quality and choice .

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikmakmanuspants
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
23rd January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent report on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and the food sampled.

To get 10 out of 10 is great!

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The food in the restaurant was lovely but the room was awful !! So the free room offer was alittle floored ! Ended up paying 60 for a migraine ! The bed was the most uncomefortable bed I have ever sat on never mind slept on , it was so hard ! I was told nobody else has ever complained , so Im surprised there's another terrible review on here for room 23 !!! It honestly felt like there was no mattress ! I woke up with a migraine , was sick , and couldn't eat breakfast , but still had to pay the £10 for breakfast :-(
There was no shower and the air conditioning system didn't work and the jacuzzi bath didn't work. We usually have our works Christmas do here , and all stay over , but I think it's time for a change :-( the receptionist told it was part of new mattress testing !!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
17th January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your latest review on Trip Advisor.

Having replied to your initial email sent to the hotel to your satisfaction I can only once again thank you for your constructive comments.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

A party of 19 of us all for the very first time decided to eat out on Xmas Day at the Hotel and we all agreed that it was the best decision we had made to eat here.
From the moment we arrived to the time that we left we were looked after by the very attentive and friendly staff and did not want for anything,the atmosphere was great and the food was excellent,hot,plentiful and very tasty.
Rogerthorpe Manor goes down in the address book for a further visit,there is no question about it.
We did not stay overnight,it was just for the meal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Rogerthorpe, Owner at Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
13th January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest review of you and your friends Christmas Lunch.

We are delighted that you choose us initially and trust that you will be returning next year!.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badsworth
Waterton Park Hotel
#2 of 6 in Pontefract
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!