We stayed at this hotel on Saturday, having driven just under 300 miles to get there.
On arrival the receptionist (Sarah?) was on the 'phone & made no eye contact while we stood there, waiting. When she finally acknowledged us, she was brusque and short, but by no means warm or welcoming. Not great start.
1) Our room (no.23) was over the wedding reception taking place downstairs, despite having been told that we would be as far away from the noise as possible.
2) Our hospitality tray (when we found it) was in the wardrobe! We could not use the kettle unless we stood it on the floor - the cord was too short to reach from the plug onto a surface.
3) The tea spoons & cups were not clean (tea stains running down the sides.)
4) Our (rubber covered) mattress made us sweat, was like rock and led to little sleep. Pillows not much better.
5) In the bathroom, we found there was no shower. (Hadn't been told this.)
6) The bath had a jacuzzi type set up which I thought would be a real treat, but it did not work.
7) The bathroom tiles were completely covered in limescale, fingerprints and general detritus that had been inadequately washed off and buffed away.
8) The bath had evidence on the sides of the previous occupant - dirty soap stuck in a lump on the side.
9) There was rubbish on the floor at the side of the bin that must have been dropped/missed by the housekeeper.
I could have mentioned all of these points to the receptionist, but to be honest, bearing in mind her manner, and the fact that there was a wedding reception in progress, we did not feel that we could address her and gained a positive outcome, so we put up with it.
I'm disappointed, (bearing in mind that I returned here having lived in Pontefract and frequented Rogerthorpe for 26 years - incl murder mysteries and a good few 'Christmas Do's') because I know that my comments won't change anything. Why do I know this? Because having read other guests' reviews, you didn't deal with it then either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built over 400 years ago the Award Winning Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel is steeped in history, charm and character. Whether you are dining in the 1610 Steak Restaurant or our own onsite Jacobean Pub you can be assured that you'll feel like you never left home, we also offer Afternoon Tea in our Jacobean Pub. We are ideally located in the quiet countryside away from the bright city lights and the hustle and bustle yet close enough to major road links such as the M62 and A1 for ease of access We offer complimentary Car Parking, Fast and reliable Hi Speed Wi-Fi and an exclusive residents only Lounge Bar. All of our bedrooms have fully interactive 32" TV's and comfortable memory foam mattresses and the luxury items that you associate with a BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Badsworth
- Badsworth Best Western