“Good food, wine and company” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Organic Tuscany Cooking Classes

Organic Tuscany Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 8 Food & Drink in Certaldo
More attraction details
Owner description: Organic Tuscany offers Italian cooking classes in a magnificent villa. Learn to cook delicious local recipes using organic ingredients. It Includes wine tasting and visits to Siena and Florence.
Cape Town
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good food, wine and company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My sister and I did one of the cooking weeks in June and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cooking classes were excellent, as were the eating and drinking in good company afterward. We had such a lovely group. (Thank you, guys!) We also enjoyed all the other activities, especially the visits to Siena, Firenze and La Ginestra organic farm. The cooking classes were fun: I mean, we've all made risotto, pasta and tiramisu before, but Manuela, Mathilde and Sirenella taught us so many great ways to work smarter and to make these dishes taste even better. Looking at all the wonderful recipes on the OT website, I just wish there were more cooking classes. I can recommend this to everyone who loves good food and wine and want to see the beautiful Tuscan countryside through the eyes of knowledgeable people. Just book and go!

1 Thank Amelia G

New York, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We did 2 different 1 day classes at Manuela's house. It was fantastic! We made pasta from scratch, bell pepper and goat cheese crostinis, tiramisu (best I've ever had), and a few other things. Would highly highly recommend it!

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Orgscanic Tuscany rates 10 on a ale of 1 to 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I could write a million pages describing what a spectacular opportunity it was to be part of Organic Tuscany for a week, but words cannot come close to portraying this extraordinary experience. Try to imagine being immersed in the culture, the authenticity, and the sheer joyfulness of Tuscany through exuberant cooking classes, visits to wonderful organic farms and biodynamic wineries, and personalized "non-tourist" tours of the region. Shilpa and Riccardo have assembled a magnificent team who share their passion for creating, simple, honest dishes so beautiful that they may make you cry. (I did!) Manuela, Mathilde, Serenella, Clara, Cristina, Chiara, and Elisabetta made the week one of the most memorable in my life. They made an indelible impression, as did my fellow "students." We all got along famously.

Put Organic Tuscany at the top of your Bucket List.

1 Thank Kristen L
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I recently attended Organic Tuscany, and it was amazing!! Shilpa and Riccardo run an amazing program. The week is a nice combination of cooking, eating, touring, and relaxing with amazing people. The Tuscan country side is unbelievably beautiful with each view as beautiful as the next. Our olive oil and wine tasting with Christina was informative and enjoyable due to her passionate approach to teaching. Our cooking classes were well orchestrated and enlightening with their delicious recipes. The day trips ensure you have the opportunity to see the local sights, with great guides. We recommend this trip to anyone looking to expand their cooking skills and spend a wonderful week with a great group of hosts!

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just a great experience all around. From the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, the great staff, the fresh, fantastic food that we all prepared, the entire visit was absolutely fabulous. My wife and I recently spent a week with Shilpa, Riccardo and the Organic Tuscany team - it is truly gorgeous country, and was a true treat for us to encounter. We're pretty good cooks already, but we did learn quite a bit from the cooking classes - and if you're thinking of attending - be prepared to eat (!!). After five course lunches (which is the Big meal of the day in Italy), you'll be thankful for the afternoon Siestas, you'll need them. The wine and olive oil tastings were quite nice as well, and we even set up a private wine tasting at a nearby vineyard on our free afternoon on Friday (thanks to Cristina!), which was quite marvelous.

The only criticism that we had was of the tour in Florence - we saw many wonderful places, and the busy the streets are difficult to navigate, so the tour took us through many back alleys and smaller streets - so we never really got our "bearings", and the tour guide could have done a better job (we felt) of laying a base foundation of how to get around.

The tour of Siena and all of the directions were incredibly easy to follow and well done (thanks Riccardo and Google!).

All in all - a beautiful trip, we had a marvelous time.