“Orgscanic Tuscany rates 10 on a ale of 1 to 5”

Organic Tuscany Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 7 Food & Drink in Certaldo
More attraction details
Owner description: Organic Tuscany offers Italian cooking classes in a magnificent villa. Learn to cook delicious local recipes using organic ingredients. It Includes wine tasting and visits to Siena and Florence.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I could write a million pages describing what a spectacular opportunity it was to be part of Organic Tuscany for a week, but words cannot come close to portraying this extraordinary experience. Try to imagine being immersed in the culture, the authenticity, and the sheer joyfulness of Tuscany through exuberant cooking classes, visits to wonderful organic farms and biodynamic wineries, and personalized "non-tourist" tours of the region. Shilpa and Riccardo have assembled a magnificent team who share their passion for creating, simple, honest dishes so beautiful that they may make you cry. (I did!) Manuela, Mathilde, Serenella, Clara, Cristina, Chiara, and Elisabetta made the week one of the most memorable in my life. They made an indelible impression, as did my fellow "students." We all got along famously.

Put Organic Tuscany at the top of your Bucket List.

1  Thank Kristen L

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I recently attended Organic Tuscany, and it was amazing!! Shilpa and Riccardo run an amazing program. The week is a nice combination of cooking, eating, touring, and relaxing with amazing people. The Tuscan country side is unbelievably beautiful with each view as beautiful as the next. Our olive oil and wine tasting with Christina was informative and enjoyable due to her passionate approach to teaching. Our cooking classes were well orchestrated and enlightening with their delicious recipes. The day trips ensure you have the opportunity to see the local sights, with great guides. We recommend this trip to anyone looking to expand their cooking skills and spend a wonderful week with a great group of hosts!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just a great experience all around. From the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, the great staff, the fresh, fantastic food that we all prepared, the entire visit was absolutely fabulous. My wife and I recently spent a week with Shilpa, Riccardo and the Organic Tuscany team - it is truly gorgeous country, and was a true treat for us to encounter. We're pretty good cooks already, but we did learn quite a bit from the cooking classes - and if you're thinking of attending - be prepared to eat (!!). After five course lunches (which is the Big meal of the day in Italy), you'll be thankful for the afternoon Siestas, you'll need them. The wine and olive oil tastings were quite nice as well, and we even set up a private wine tasting at a nearby vineyard on our free afternoon on Friday (thanks to Cristina!), which was quite marvelous.

The only criticism that we had was of the tour in Florence - we saw many wonderful places, and the busy the streets are difficult to navigate, so the tour took us through many back alleys and smaller streets - so we never really got our "bearings", and the tour guide could have done a better job (we felt) of laying a base foundation of how to get around.

The tour of Siena and all of the directions were incredibly easy to follow and well done (thanks Riccardo and Google!).

All in all - a beautiful trip, we had a marvelous time.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thank you Manuela, Silvio and family for the highlight of our trip to Tuscany. We could not budget time for a whole week of cooking class (someday I will be able to go back!) but the day we spent with Manuela learning how to cook not one but three desserts was the highlight of our trip. Little tricks and tips that Manuela shared with us along with her generosity to share a few extra recipes can only come from true passion for the love of cooking. We also enjoyed meeting their two daughters Emma and Arianna and their friends.
I highly recommend even a day of cooking with this wonderful family.
ciao

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I attended the Organic Tuscany vegetarian cooking course in the last week of June 2012. I was lucky to get the last spot as I couldn't get a place the previous year.
The course was an education in not just Tuscan cooking but organic foods and was delicious.
Shilpa along with Carla, Manuela, Saranella, Christina, Matilda and Riccardo taught us more in one week than we could have learned in a month about wine, olive oil and Italian food at this hands on course. Yes there is more to it than Pizza and pasta.
While we did the cooking, they did the serving and clearing up, which made me feel guilty each time I looked at the plates and glasses we piled up. It was so relaxing eating, drinking and chatting in the garden, watching the Tuscan sun fade away.
The cooking course is a must for any food lover.
Vidya Srinivas