“A perfect way to see Chianti while tasting a little wine”
Review of Ghibellina Tours

Ghibellina Tours
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Certaldo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ghibellina Tours is a family run business. We specialize in private organic food and wine and cultural tours. Giacomo and Fabio are two young yet knowledgeable driving guides fluent in English, Spanish and French. We can arrange pick up at almost any location in Tuscany.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This were a perfect day for us. Very professional guide with an excellent knowledge of the geography and history of the area.

Since my girlfriend had a broken foot, we weren't quite sure what we could or couldn't do before we booked the tour.
On short notice, Ghibellina Tours recommended a nice 4hrs trip for us which would include a winery, castle and the city of Castellina.
After the first visit to a winery we asked if we could continue with a couple of more wineries. The guide took a few phone calls and fixed a tasting on a couple of more wineries which matched our criteria.

All together a recommended tour were the guide adapted himself in order to give us the perfect day.

2  Thank Forland

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a wonderful tour company and their luxurious and air conditioned Mercedes van will customize the perfect tour through Tuscany. We had a great guide Giocamo who knew all the out of the way special places that will make your trip to the Tuscan region fabulous.

1  Thank DiscerningTraveler66
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I spent two weeks exploring various parts of Italy. The entire trip was wonderful but one of the most memorable and pleasant days of our trip was the day spent with Giacomo exploring the Tuscan countryside. Giacomo picked us up at our hotel in Florence and drove us to two walled villages in Tuscany. We visited two wineries and had lunch at a local restaurant where were happy to try dishes recommended by Giacamo as truly reflective of the Tuscan cuisine. Giacomo's love and knowledge of his native countryside were reflected in his informative descriptions and explanations of the things we were experiencing and seeing. We were truly impressed with his knowledge of wines and the process of production. We highly recommend using Giacomo for your next visit to the Tuscan countryside.

2  Thank SueMorganGoldstein
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Wanting to learn more about Tuscan food and agriculture, I sought Giacomo's assistance. I had previously been impressed by his knowledge and enthusiasm for organic and local foods, and he more than fulfilled my expectations. He designed a tour especially for me that included a visit to a goat farm and chance to assist in production, followed by the opportunity to taste 9 cheeses and discuss the process for making each with the master cheese maker. The rest of the day was equally good. We visited and talked with owners of a fine organic winery, dined on some of the best homemade pasta (think truffles and zucchini blossoms for starters) in a beautiful setting, and still managed a lovely stop at a farm producing flavored olive oils in their own mill. What made this tour great was that I learned so much about the production of delicious food from people who clearly care about achieving the highest quality. I highly recommend this trip with Giacomo. Not only does he have great connections, he enhanced our experience with his own wealth of knowledge.

In addition, he speaks English fluently and is a skillful, careful driver. Whatever your interest, I feel confident he will make your day enjoyable.

3  Thank Ann W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family agreed that our day on a Ghibellina Tours was one of the best days we had during our two weeks in Italy. Our driver was friendly and professional. He shared heaps of knowledge about the area and local wines. We greatly enjoyed talking to him and visiting the wineries he selected.

2  Thank AmandaLF