“Great rating but didn't live up to it.”

Ristorante L'Antica Fonte
Reserve with
Ristorante L'Antica Fonte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Certaldo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with garden and panoramic views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan hills. The dogs are welcome.
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We called in for lunch noting it's excellent TA rating however were very disappointed by the slow service. We hope this was just a bad day for them and an ongoing issue.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent in all. The service was excellent, the food equally so, the ambience could not be better and the Genesis music unforgettable

1  Thank DrJoeCassar
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed two nights in Certaldo & found this AMAZING restaurant. I live for food & this was one of the best meals I have ever had! Absolutely wonderful view from the cozy courtyard. Ordered an incredible bottle of Macchioni Vernaccia wine. I started with a plate spaghetti, pancetta, garlic & olive oil dish. My wife ordered the local charcuterie. Both were heavenly. For the main, I got the chicken skewer with cheese (gorgonzola?) sauce. So good! If we're ever in Certaldo again, we WILL be back!

1  Thank depthoffield
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a nice lunch here while staying outside of Certaldo. We ate on the patio, and though it was a very hot and humid day, the meal was good. I had the gnocchi which I loved, and my mom and sister enjoyed their meals as well (I don't recall what they ordered).

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stopped in Certaldo to break up a long drive through Tuscany. Certaldo Alto (the old town) is enchanting and worth stopping just to see the town. We had made reservations at this restaurant to sit in their beautiful terrace, and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We had antipasti and delicious pastas. It was an extremely good value. The service was great. But our favorites was their wine list! Very well priced and good variety. We also enjoyed the fact it was mostly filled with locals enjoying their beautiful Saturday afternoon.

2  Thank BellsTexas