“Fantastic with kids” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tourrettes
Switzerland
“Fantastic with kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

It might be one of the best hotel I've stayed in (and maybe also one of the most expensive ;-).

Everything is really perfect from the arrival to the leaving : quality of food is really good (however the quantity served is quite small if you take only one dish), rooms are huge, mattresses are perfect, 2 TV's in room with a very large selection of TV channels, kids club is perfect and well managed, service all around the resort is perfect, golf course (only played the Riou), really in great condition,...

It's really a perfect hotel for families, there are also lots of kids around (who were not noisy at all), which is great to make new friends, however if you are a couple it might be not so cool to have so many kids running around.

There were however some small details that could be improved :

- I'm wondering if the maintenance is really taken seriously; on my terrace most of the walls were a kind of brown, black; don't know if it comes from rain or algae on the wall, however it's not a big deal to paint them back to the original color. The same for the shower, the water was a bit flowing everywhere; I don't know if a joint was missing, broken.

- The food for the kids buffet really lacked variety; we stayed 4 days and there were everyday - lunch and dinner - the same chicken and fish nuggets (the side dishes however changed everyday)

- I was not impressed by the breakfast buffet; when you pay 35 €, you have some expectations that were not completely fulfilled, I can however understand that the hotel is not full and the selection is smaller. One morning they had no butter at all, except a salted one, I asked for it and they told me "people ate too many of it yesterday and we runned out".... not exactly the answer I would hear from such a hotel. If I were the F&B Manager I would send someone to the supermarket a few minutes away go buy some butter for my guest.

My whole family (2 adults, 1 baby and 1 boy 7 year old) really loved it and we will definitively be back (and might come more often if the rate would be a little bit cheaper).

Room Tip: Some room might be a bit away from everything (pool, restaurants,...)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TerreBlancheHSGR, Directeur général at Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words.

You're right, Terre Blanche is the kid's kingdom, but the parent's too with many things to do onsite, golf, spa and gastronomy in the middle of the nature.

I took good note of the points you need us to improve, It's helpful for my teams.

Managing Director Terre Blanche Hotel & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a great experience. The hotel really knows what "kids friendly" means: starting from small gifts at arrival, kids slippers in the room to kids menu at every restaurant, special kids hours in spa etc... the rooms are spacious, with nice terrasses and great view.
We liked the cuisine a lot, although the service in the restaurants was a little slow some times. One thing to improve is breakfast - the menu was a little short for one week stay.
Great sport and spa facilities.
Special thanks to the concierge Gregory - even in very luxury hotels I never got the restaurant reservations coming by default with nicely printed directions.
Overall great place to spend a week with family and kids even if you don't play golf

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comment and to highlight how kids are welcome in Terre Blanche.

Summer starts now with activities everyday and you can discover them on our website.

Breakfast has been improved with a wider selection of products.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

This hotel provides a superb experience. Set in the hills with stunning views and the largest infinity pool I have ever seen, it is a perfect location. The staff are friendly and attentive. The accommodation in villas means that it is quiet all around. Our suite had its own plunge pool in the garden! It is not cheap but quality never is.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TerreBlancheHSGR, Directeur général at Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
It's true, "It is quiet all around".

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Terre Blanche is a secured domain in the middle of nature with 650 acres, and quite surprising because it looks like a provencal village, luxurious, with all you need near you.

I hope to see you soon.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

No longer run by 4 Seasons, a 12 night stay confirmed that the Hotels's standards have slipped. It all looks the same and costs the same but numerous small imperfections were cumulatively irritating. Room service was erratic with inadequate supply of milk, incorrect newspapers delivered, laundry taking three days and bizarrely the staff removing fresh fruit which I had purchased in a shop and left in the room. A crooked picture was left crooked for 10 days and I had to repair a sagging curtain myself. Finally while a large majority of this German-owned business comes from overseas visitors the staff persist in answering the phone in French. This is akin to staff in Hong Kong hotel staff answering in Cantonese and is perverse.
Great rooms, great bathrooms, quite good food, but mediocre service

Room Tip: If playing golf ask for a villa near the golf clubhouse
Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank John M
TerreBlancheHSGR, Directeur général at Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for having taken the time for having shared your opinion here on Trip Advisor and complete our in-house guest satisfaction survey following your recent return visit to Terre Blanche. Your comments have been shared with our teams and I post the same reply as sent by e-mail in May.

While I was happy to know that you appreciated the rooms and the bathrooms and enjoyed the food, I must say I was disappointed to read your comments regarding our service standards. As a frequent traveler and return guest of ours, you most certainly are aware that the service standards of a hotel member of The Leading Hotels of the World are very similar to those of our previous management company. We strive every day to maintain these standards and satisfy all our guests. I am truly sorry if you found that our service levels have slipped, however, sincerely regret not knowing about this until after your departure.

The French and local markets have become increasingly important for our establishment and, being in France, we find it only natural to respond to telephone calls in the official language. All our staff members who are in contact with guests speak English and would not knowingly continue to speak in French to any overseas visitor. Should this nevertheless have been the case, I apologise on behalf of the staff members who may have done so.

I look forward to being in contact with you and to greet you in person when your travels next bring you to our beautiful region of Provence.

With best regards,

Managing Director, Terre Blanche Hotel & Spa
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a 5 night stay here and couldn't have been more delighted.The check staff are so lovely.We were shown to our garden suite which was wonderful we were so impressed.The cleanliness & comfort of our suite was faultless.The bathroom was very well appointed and everything you would hope to expect was provided.
We dined her every night during our stay and was not disappointed.......the Wine master suggested the most lovely wines each evening to go with the wonderful food.The service from all the staff was exceptional...... absolutely nothing was too much trouble.
Gregory from the concierge desk was fantastic at recommending days out & booking amazing places to lunch.
When we returned after a day sightseeing we headed straight for the spa .......Fabulous! The pool and jacuzzi just perfect,I notice in another review someone complained that the jets were not working.......they were not all out of order only the odd one but the water temperature was so perfect it did not matter it was still lovely to sit & relax.To find fault with Terre Blanche I feel you would just be complaining for complaining sake!
The changing rooms at the spa are spotlessly clean with absolutely everything you could want or need provided.
The guys who ferry you about the resort on the golf buggies are so friendly & very prompt.
We booked the resort not to play golf but for the wonderful tranquil surroundings,with only the sound of insects at night & birdsong in the mornings.
We cannot wait to return again in September.

Room Tip: All suites here are wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ewhurst Green, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The setting of this hotel is beautiful with lots of well appointed villas all with private sun terraces.each villa is well equipped with tea and coffee and lovely toiletries,bathrooms are huge and there is a separate sitting room-all very comfortable.Some are a bit of a walk from the main hotel building but there are electric buggies available to transport people and their luggage.
The outdoor and indoor pools are both wonderful.
Buffet breakfasts and lunches were delicious-dinner not as good.
Staff were charming and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Termination of Four Seasons' management has resulted in a sharp decrease of Terre Blanche service quality and overall experience. This only thing that has not changed is the price...

I stayed a number of times at Terre Blanche - one or two 2-4 night stays a year from 2008 to july 2012. I understand FS management was terminated by the end of Summer 2012. I came back for four nights last summer (2013). To make a long story short:

- Service. Most of the staff is nice and willing to do well. However, lack of procedures and poor management ruins the whole client experience. Terre Blanche is now the place for long waits, numerous service mistakes, and attitudes that do not match client expectations for this level of price.

- Restaurant quality. La Gaudina (the resort's main restaurant) now provides a terrible experience. It now features an overly pretentious menu, only matched by a catastrophic execution. The salade niçoise is worth the trip: made of cubes and slices lost on a large empty dish, it looks as if designed by some stalinian architect. Service is appalling. One can wonder where the maître d'hotel has been trained. Nice guy, but totally out of his scope. Le Tusco Grill (swimming pool restaurant) does even better: it manages to provide the experience of a motorway restaurant, at best. It has become the place of choice for a painfully noisy and smelly meal. The only exception is Les Caroubiers, the golf course restaurant, which has kept is wonderful atmosphere and excellent welcome. My experience at La Gaudina did not incitate me to come back to the gastronomic restaurant, called Le Faventia.

Overall : do not go to Terre Blanche if you expect to find the level of service, attention to detail, food quality and atmosphere you have experienced in any Four Seasons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Xavier D
TerreBlancheHSGR, Directeur général at Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your comment, which I am very surprised together with my whole team here.

I can ensure you that since we terminated the contract with FS, we have very good feedback from our clients, and they appreciate the excellent service we deliver.

Most of them see the orientation to detail we put in place together with the "local soul" Terre Blanche has now as we do not operate as a worldwide group.

I would like to discuss about the points you mentionned and the real motivation of this comment directly with you, as I am concerned with the mention of poor management...

I remain at your entire disposal.

Regards,

Managing Director, Terre Blanche Hotel & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tourrettes
Moulin de la Camandoule
Hostellerie Des Gorges De Pennafort
Chateau de Trigance
Chateau de Trigance
#1 of 2 in Trigance

Been to Terre Blanche Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!