All reviews daily activities flip cup private beach party to meet fellow travellers booked nights without ac main town fun place to stay shuttle service fun activities enjoyed my stay cool off awesome place jesus statue bed dorm minute walk san juan
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

I was pretty excited about staying here, after doing a little reading and looking at reviews, it seemed like this would be a great place to stay. I was really disappointed and I'm not one to ever really be let down by a hostel, but this, unfortunately, was the exception. The rooms were super stuffy, it wasn't clean and there was random stuff just laying around, people were partying which I didn't mind until someone came in to our room and stole our fan in the middle of the night so the room was miserable. The staff that checked us in didn't give us any information. And when we checked out, no one said thank you... It just felt really unwelcoming. And for an extra $2 a night, there are way better places to stay, that are actually close to what's going on in SJDS. I hate leaving a bad review, but the vibes just didn't align with what I read online and I feel like people should be aware of these things.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

At Hola Ola Hostel you will find amazing staff, a nice accomodation with a pool and all you need for a good stay. Besides that: good people staying there and cool activities where you will have an unforgettable time! I recommend this hostel very much!
A big thank you to the staff and much love!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2019

This place is an awesome place to meet people and chill. It has a wide range of activities that cater to everyone's preferences. It offers a shuttle between the property and the town which is perfect as it's tranquil at night.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed a few days in the 4-bed dorm in this lovely hostel. It was a bit more quiet (but I guess also because it is off-season and it has been a though year for Nicaraguan tourism), but the staff is lovely and really involved.

It is a small 10 minute walk (or free shuttle) to town and there are organized activities (with rides to the beach) every day, such as the sunset fest (beers, rum and games at the beach), family dinner and surfing. Or just stay in and enjoy the pool, terrace with hammocks or have a beer with other backpackers and the lovely staff/volunteers.

The owner is very friendly and does not hesitate to help you with any needs or questions. The hostel is actually his grandparents old vacation home, so there is a lot of interesting family history and nice stories there as well.

All in all a good place to stay for a fair price, focused on backpackers and socializing. Bonus: the great pool view!

Small note: the kitchen is not really available to cook yourself, however they can cook you a lovely breakfast or dinner for a small price!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Hola Ola is a really nice hostel. It’s good when you’re traveling alone and want to meet people. The staff is friendly and helpful, and they organize a lot of activities. The rooms are clean. They also have a pool which is really nice to cool off.

Date of stay: May 2019