“Casa del Soul a place to rejuvenate & rechage is an understatement!!”
Review of Casa Del Soul

and 1 more site!
Casa Del Soul
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My daughter and I enjoyed 2 weeks of absolute splendour. Randy and Brenda are the quintessential hosts and we easily felt comfortable on arrival with offers of drinks and conversation. I highly recommend Casa Del Soul from the gorgeous setting - lovely suites - refreshing pool and the free run of the kitchen. Whether your desire is to have a yummy breakfast made for you or get in there and help yourself to the cooking - it is like having your own home in the tropics.

San Juan Del Sur is only a short distance away and Randy is more than accommodating to get you back and forth or pick up any needs in town for you.

Would I go back......in a heart beat and never want to leave!

Michele & Ashley - Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele_10
There are newer reviews for Casa Del Soul

Reviewed February 14, 2010

Casa del Soul is located in the beautiful hills of San Juan del Sur. The pool was great, many hammocks in the shade to relax in, and a beautiful view of the ocean. Randy was very accommodating, lending us a cell phone, giving us a tour of town, and setting us up with a taxi driver, Carlos. Casa is very quiet and secluded--in its own private neighborhood. (Note: Randy has a large dog--Chucho is friendly, but also protective.)

Although Casa del Soul was a wonderful get-a-way, it did not fully match our needs as travelers. We were looking for a hotel where we are able to freely travel to and from town and hotel. If you do want to venture into town, it is either waiting for a taxi ($5 one way for a five minute drive) or a arduous 25 minute hike among steep hills and declines.

Although there is a private beach within a five minute walk, it is very rocky and not a swimming beach. It is a great little hike and a good chance that you will see monkeys.

2  Thank UnkleTomas
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Casa del Soul was a highlight of our travels in Nicaragua. The location and views were outstanding. Randy worked hard to ensure everyone was happy and enjoying their stay. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the area without having to be right in town. The room was comfortable and extremely clean. It even had a quiet beach just a stroll away. The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. Thank you Randy and Brenda!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbuddies39
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 7 days in January and experienced the most relaxing and enjoyable place in Nicaragua. Yes, the house is gorgeous, the view is spectacular and the hospitality is exactly how all the reviews describe it. But the best part for me was the first-class environment in which time slows and you find yourself, trance-like, staring into the water - reflecting on your journey.

Reward yourself by staying at this beautiful, peaceful home - extend your stay if you can.

1  Thank buttscol
Reviewed January 30, 2010

As a solo woman with minimal Spanish, I was a little worried to travel to Nicaragua alone. Randy was quick to respond to all of my emails, with plenty of knowledge and several suggestions, and I appreciated that. He arranged a car to pick me up in Managua, late at night, and bring me to the house.
In the mornings, Brenda hears your movements and meets you downstairs to inquire what you would like for breakfast. She cooks very well. The fruit, eggs, and coffee are always perfect. I had her prepare several of my meals at lunch and dinner, and they were much better than what was offered at the few restaurants I tried in town. The curried potatoes, steak, salads, and whole snapper were fantastic.
Brenda is efficient, she even did my laundry for me. When I got back to my room one evening it was all folded neatly on the bed. And Randy helped me plan my trips to Ometepe, Granada, and Madera by making phone calls for me and connecting me with competent drivers and guides. He actually dropped me off at the ferry terminal on my way to Ometepe, which was nice. I really felt like I was being looked after, and you will too. They know everyone in town. I went fishing a couple times on the sunset cruise. We brought our catches to the house and had them the next day. The dog is a total sweetie, and the views are spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My boyfriend Craig & I were thrilled with our stay at Casa del Soul. Randy is a great guy who welcomed us with open arms & an open heart. He really bent over backward trying to make sure that we were happy! Brenda was great as well. Chucho the dog is a sweetheart. The view from the house is incredible & having a "personal" beach so close by was priceless!

Reviewed January 28, 2010

The location is very peaceful and a beautiful view of a private bay.The owners go over the top to accomidate you.Can't wait to visit again.