My husband and I stayed at Casa del Soul for two weeks during the month of August and had a wonderful time.
The location is fantastic and only 10 minutes from town, set high up in the hills. Casa del Soul has the most spectacular view of a pristine bay and is surrounded by lush greenery and even some howler monkeys! Truly a beautiful, quiet location with a gorgeous swimming pool and all the amenities of a hotel. There are only 3 rooms total, so it's very relaxing, but also fun to meet some other guests.
We had Room #1 and it was perfect for us. You awake with an awesome view every morning (will post pics when we get back to NYC). There was a beautiful breeze almost every night. Only Room #3 downstairs has AC, but there were 3 fans in our room. The lack of AC was not an issue for us, but may be an issue for some in the hot season. The room was more than comfortable with high quality linens, a fridge, Satellite TV, DVD's, and is much more high end than most hotel rooms you'll find in town. Wi-Fi is free and works on the balcony, under the rancho, or by the pool. There's an iPod docking station downstairs so bring your iPod if you want to hear some tunes while relaxing at the pool.
Casa del Soul is super clean, tastefully decorated, has a friendly staff, and you can use the full kitchen downstairs to cook and barbeque. We cooked on the grill almost every night and had drinks by the pool with the most spectacular sunsets (some of the best in the world). We felt like we were staying at a really big house since we had access to the entire downstairs common area and kitchen - it's a great set up and something different than just a hotel room.
Breakfast was great. You can have anything you want - eggs, gallo pinto, pancakes, fruit, homemade french toast (Brenda's French Toast is THE BEST!). You will not go hungry in the AM. Fresh coffee is brewed every morning too.
Randy, the owner, will take you to the supermarket to stock up on food if you wish to cook or have some snacks at the house. He was more than happy to provide us with a ride into town when needed and helped coordinate activities. If he is not available then Carlos the taxi driver charges honest rates and is both pleasant and reliable.
We love Nicaragua and loved Casa del Soul and will be back for sure! I highly recommend this property and know you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Del Soul is an oceanfront, luxury 4,000 sq. ft. home. It is situated on Nacascolo Bay, 5 minutes from San Juan Del Sur. It has a large outdoor deck surrounding a 4 by 9 meter swimming pool. The big balcony off the 2nd floor bedrooms give it a commanding view of the ocean and the tropical forest. Cable TV, DVD, ipod music systems, refrigerator, coffee makers make your room very comfortable. A full breakfast is included. We give cell phones to our guests and I help you do anything you want to in Nicaragua. Transportation,tours,volcanos,surfing,fishing,shopping, REAL ESTATE, ATV's,zipline,horseback riding,etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Del Soul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Soul Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Del Soul Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur