Casa Del Soul was referred to us by some friends who stayed there last year. Without this recommendation, we never would have found this slice of paradise. Everything that has been said in previous reviews of this place is true, and even with high expectations, we we're blown away by the actual experience. Traveling to Nicaragua is an adventure we'll never forget, and you simply can't do this trip better than heading to San Juan del Sur and staying at Casa Del Soul.
Casa Del Soul
Casa Del Soul is a beautiful mansion overlooking a bay on the Pacific ocean. Your day starts with a view of a spectacular rocky shore being pounded by huge waves. There are only a handful of guest suites, and during our stay we were the only guests in the home. After a breakfast of fresh fruit, and banana pancakes, we would enjoy a cup of amazing Nicaraguan coffee in the poolside cabana. The pool is amazing and refreshing all day long. After getting sun-burned on the first day (a tradition for Wisconsin folks), it was nice to swim in a pool which has shaded sections for most of the day. Lunch and dinners are up to you, but you have access to a beautiful full kitchen and dinning room area with views of the ocean and pool. We made quite a few lunches in the kitchen, which had all amenities, and opted to eat out for dinner most nights. Our guest room was beautiful, and quite romantic. While there is no air condition, you don't need it at Casa Del Soul, due to the almost constant breezes and multiple fans available to guests. I'm a hot-body by nature, and even I was comfortable. When I needed to check my email, Randy provided us with a laptop, which worked great on the high speed wireless connection at Casa Del Soul.
San Juan del Sur
I don't know anything about surfing, but this is definitely a surfing destination. As far as I could tell, my fiancée and I were the only non-surfing Americans in town. You can walk to town from Casa Del Soul, but we usually just caught a ride in with Randy when he ran errands. In town you can do everything. There is fine dining, transportation to nearby surfing beaches, atv rentals, shopping, internet cafe's, fishing tours, and bars. The best part is that Randy knows the best places in town, and has connections with all the proprietors. I always got the sense on our trip that we we're getting extra special care just because we we're "Randy's guests".
While we were there, the weather was absolutely perfect. It was sunny all week, and twice we had spectacular thunderstorms at night. We checked the forecast before coming to Nicaragua and it said the temps would be in the mid 90's all week with rain every day (I guess their meteorologists are as accurate as ours back home). With our close proximity to the ocean, I bet it never once got above 90 degrees while we were there, and the high humidity we expected was also absent. San Juan del Sur is located on a small strip of land between Lake Nicaragua and the ocean, so apparently this moderates the temps well and keeps the humidity very comfortable. All you need is shorts and tank tops (direct quote from Randy).
During our stay we did numerous touristy activities. Every day Randy asked us what we wanted to do, and when we answered he made all the calls to setup what we wanted. When we asked to tour the country, he got us a driver named Fabio who took us to Grenada, Katarina, and Masaya. We shopped in markets, and saw many historical sites. We also went up to the Masaya volcano, which was an awesome experience. Another day we zip-lined in the canopy, and on a different day we took a tour bus to Maderas beach... which has some of the most impressive waves I've ever seen.
We can't wait to return to Casa Del Soul, and next time we're going to bring our parents as well to share the experience with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Del Soul is an oceanfront, luxury 4,000 sq. ft. home. It is situated on Nacascolo Bay, 5 minutes from San Juan Del Sur. It has a large outdoor deck surrounding a 4 by 9 meter swimming pool. The big balcony off the 2nd floor bedrooms give it a commanding view of the ocean and the tropical forest. Cable TV, DVD, ipod music systems, refrigerator, coffee makers make your room very comfortable. A full breakfast is included. We give cell phones to our guests and I help you do anything you want to in Nicaragua. Transportation,tours,volcanos,surfing,fishing,shopping, REAL ESTATE, ATV's,zipline,horseback riding,etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa Del Soul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Soul Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Del Soul Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur