“Enchanting Views, Peaceful Location and an Owner That Rocks”
Review of Casa Del Soul

Casa Del Soul
New York City, New York
“Enchanting Views, Peaceful Location and an Owner That Rocks”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you're looking for a gorgeous location away from the hustle of SJDS, Casa Del Soul will not disappoint. Although there is quick access to miles of Nacascolo Bay beaches, and a 45 minute stroll around the cove to an incredible stretch of protected white sand, this is not you're typical beach resort, and to my way of thinking it's much better. A nearly private retreat with staggering views from beautifully appointed rooms, and a staff that quickly becomes family. There is literally nothing Randy won't do to make your stay more comfortable, and if you run into problems, as I did with my rental car, you'll be glad you chose Casa Del Soul because Randy has your back. We were in Nica for a wedding, and when researching I marveled at all the great reviews for Casa Del Soul on TA, but after spending 4 nights there, It's became perfectly clear to me. The views, the staff, the easy access to everything SJDS has to offer,the cooked to order breakfast, good WiFi, the indomitable Randy, and your new best friend Chucho the house dog (part Rottweiler, part teddy bear) all make Casa Del Soul a rare find for those of us that like our vacations like our music: Full of natural rhythm, with a ton of Soul.

Room Tip: 2nd floor views are exquisite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at Casa Del Soul for 6 days in March. My fiancee and I had a very relaxing and peaceful time. The place was just what we where looking for! We did have a rental car so most of the day we would be out exploring the countryside and surfing. I could not think of a better place to come back to in the afternoon to swim in the pool, hike down to the bay or just take in the awsome view, feel the breeze and watch the beautiful sunsets.
The hotel is just outside of the town of San Juan Del Sur where there are shops, restaurants and night life. The thing I like is we could enjoy what the town had to offer but then return to the peaceful bliss of the hotel where we would get a very good night sleep and be re-energized for the next days adventures.
The owner Randy is very knowedgeable of the area and pretty much all of Nicaragua. He can help you plan your days so you get the most out of your trip and stay on budget too. He is a very nice guy! There is also different chefs that cook dinner a few times a week at the hotel which is very delicious and hassle free after a busy day.
We cannot wait for our next trip and stay at Casa Del Soul!

Room Tip: There is a room on the back side for the travelers on a tight budget but still have all the ambiance...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I absolutely loved my resent stay at Casa Del Soul! Just out side of the heart of Sa Juan del Sur, it offers amazing ocean views and a quite night sleep. The environment is relaxing and inviting whether you are hanging by the pool or reading a book in a rocking chair. And the complimentary homemade breakfast offers a great way to start the day!
Randy was a gracious host and a great resource during our stay. He helped us stay connected with drivers, restaurant recommendations, and the happenings of the town.
I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Casa del Soul is a great little hide-a-way in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Nestled up in the hills right out of the heart of San Juan del Sur it gives you the peace and relaxation one may want in a vacation but also it is close enough to town to enjoy many of the opportunities and indulge in the night life that San Juan del Sur has to offer. The owner of Casa del Soul, Randy, is very welcoming and a great host. He is a wealth of information about the area and offers good ideas and suggestions on sites to see and explore and places to eat. The room we stayed in had a beautiful view of the bay; it was wonderful to wake up to that view every morning. A good solid breakfast is offered every morning to start off the day. While sitting there eating breakfast we were able to see several monkeys in the trees and whales in the far distance. And yes, Randy being so accommodating had binoculars ready for us to use. An extra perk this time (this was our second stay) is that his wife now offers pressure point massages-that was the topping on the cake. I can’t go without mentioning Chucho, their amazing dog because somehow without being able to see when someone is coming he knows when it’s a guest returning and will not bark but, for anyone or anything else he gives a protective bark. My final description – clean, beautiful, peaceful, restful, exciting and fun.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casa del Soul 7 nights. Going to sleep each night to the sound of the waves and feeling the ocean breeze was magical. The house is set atop a hillside, not far from the Jesus statue with the most amazing ocean view right in your face below. We were able to walk down to the beach. Pristine and unspoiled. We saw monkeys in the trees from the pool deck. The breakfasts were very filling and excellent. The banana pancakes were extremely yummy!! Randy went out of his way to accommodate our every need from driving us into town, recommending restaurants, or even helping us hire a cook to come to the house to create a delicious evening meal for us. We never felt we were in somebody else's home. Since the house is on a hilltop it is a bit of a challenge to go to town without a car. Walking into town is easy, it is mostly downhill.Coming back we relied on taxis. I can definitely recommend Casa del Soul!!!

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Tucked away on a hillside and overlooking a beautiful bay on the Pacific this spacious Mom & Pop B&B is only a 10 minute taxi ride into the beach town of San Juan Del Sur. This boutique hotel has 4 generously sized guest rooms, two of which share a large balcony with a beautiful ocean view. The rooms are well-appointed and very clean. Owners Randy and Brenda and their small staff go out of their way to ensure that you have a pleasant stay! The included breakfast is delicious and fresh. And the coffee? What can we say...it's Nicaragua and the coffee everywhere is wonderful! They even give you a cell phone to use during your stay with their numbers and vetted taxi numbers already pre-programmed. We regret that we only had 2 nights there on this our first trip to Nicaragua, but it won't be our last visit to Casa del Soul!
And if you feel the need for a therapeutic massage during your stay, Brenda will accomodate that with her great Shiatzu skills. This is a great way to relax into sunning yourself beside the pool.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but the two upstairs share a nice balcony and great view of the bay.
San Diego CA
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have had the good fortune of traveling the dusty lanes of iconic Route 66 and the majestic hiking trails of the Austrian Alps. I have overnighted in neon-lit motels, snow-covered Alpine inns, and, later in life, five-star hotels in mid-town Manhattan. The ones I remember the most are those where the warmth and friendliness of the innkeepers and staff members exceeded any of the physical amenities of the lodging establishments. Casa Del Soul will always rank high in my personal criteria of judging overnight accommodations. The host, Randy, and his staff displayed friendliness and willingness to serve the needs of their guests in a manner I have rarely experienced in the recent past. Their sincere desire that each guest be comfortable was evident throughout my entire stay. I not only experienced it, but I witnessed it in reference to other guests who were at Casa Del Soul while I was there. I am anxious to recommend Casa Del Soul to my friends and family. I know Randy and his staff will take care of them during their visit of San Juan del Sur.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the cove.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo