Casa Del Soul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$105
$97
  • Pool
Royal Chateau Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$50
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Restaurant
Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
$63
$60
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
$42
$36
  • Breakfast included
$365
Hotels.com
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$104
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
$98
Costa Dulce(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$69
Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa(San Juan del Sur)
$307
$290
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevery morningprivate beachperfect temperaturehowler monkeysjesus statuebanana pancakeslow tidebreathtaking viewsgreat poolshrimplocal beachescentral americasurf lessonsrandybaytaxitown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week at this very unique and attractive B&B in San Juan del Sur. We loved the town and the B&B and felt that Randy and his staff did a wonderful job in hosting us. We enthusiastically recommend a stay at the Casa del Soul when you come to San Juan del Sur.

The most remarkable thing about the Casa Del Soul is its location high enough above the ocean to have an absolutely spectacular view, yet low enough to make our daily trek down to the water and along the coast very easy. During this daily trek, we were always, enthusiastically accompanied by Chucho, Randy's dog, who became great friends with us and with the other couple that stayed at Casa del Soul while we were there. We were fortunate enough to have a room with a fabulous view of the coastline and the ocean and, in fact, always stayed in bed longer than we planned to enjoy that view.

Although we sometimes came down for breakfast a bit later, Yami always happily prepared delicious banana pancakes for me and a wonderful omelette and gallo pinto (a mixture of beans, rice, onions, sweet pepper and seasonings that is the typical breakfast dish throughout Costa Rica and Nicaragua) for my wife. I am told that the coffee was also wonderful but I did not try it as I preferred to have a cold drink, which I kept in the handy little refrigerator in the room.

Randy did his utmost to accommodate our every need. For example, he offered to drive us to town whenever he went so we could avoid having to call a taxi. In addition, at our request, he arranged for a local cook to come to the B&B several evenings to prepare dinner for my wife and myself and, on one occasion, for another couple, as well. The fully equipped kitchen, in which our dinners were prepared, was at our disposal, any time that we liked. These dinners were not only absolutely delicious, they were less costly than the combined cost of taxi fare and a dinner in one of the many restaurants in town. In addition, they were in keeping with a strong dedication to laziness, that characterized our stay.

Given this dedication, we spent many hours laying around the beautiful pool reading, swimming and just soaking up the sun. When we chose to go to town at a time when Randy was not available for a ride, we had the choice of two English speaking taxi drivers - Randy provided a cell phone for our use, that had their phone numbers programmed in (as well as his own).

In addition, Randy put us in touch with an excellent, small travel agency located in Rivas, just a few miles away. Edwin, who runs this agency, made arrangements for the storage of our car in Costa Rica while we were in Nicaragua (bringing a car into Nicaragua from Costa Rica and taking it back is very complicated so we chose this route). Edwin also arranged for a taxi driver to take us to and through the Costa Rican border crossing where he turned us over to Edwin himself, who helped us through the maze of Nicaraguan customs and immigration. Edwin and his driver then took us to the Casa del Soul - it could not possibly have been easier.

During our stay, we arranged for Edwin to take us on a day trip to the colonial town of Granada. On the way, we stopped in Rivas, one smaller town and at a beautiful, volcanic lagoon. Granada was very beautiful and we loved it, except for the heat - it was muy caliente. The result was that we chose a restaurant based on one criterion - it was air conditioned!! We enjoyed our side trip and would recommend it to others. Having a driver as well as Edwin as a guide made this trip very simple and enjoyable.

This was our first trip to San Juan del Sur and, in fact, to Nicaragua and we were very pleased at the result. We would recommend the Casa del Soul for anyone staying in San Juan del Sur who would like a very comfortable place at a reasonable cost with a spectacular view, a beautiful pool, an easy walk to the ocean and a great host and staff in Randy, Yami and Moises. I might also mention that we have traveled a great deal (Nicaragua was my 41st country) and we are pretty picky about where we stay.

Room Tip: When making reservations, ask Randy for the room with the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ervall
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a wonderful vacation with my family. The view from Casa Del Soul is breathtaking. Could sit on the porch all day and just stare out...so relaxing. We went to the beach, surfing, fishing and had some great inexpensive meals in town. Kids loved it too. Randy was great. He took great care of us. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

To end our trip, my wife and I were looking for a place to relax poolside after I had a shoulder injury a few weeks ago. From the beginning, the owner, Randy, was very hospitable and friendly. He offered us a discounted rate as we are poor honeymooners.

We got more than we bargained for! A million dollar view, beautiful and refreshing pool, full use of the kitchen, and a tasty breakfast cooked fresh every morning. Our room was also one of the comfiest we've had in Central America. Randy seems to be very knowledgeable of the area and seemed happy to help with setting up any tours (though we didn't really indulge due to my injury). He also sets everyone up with cellphones for quick access to one of his cab drivers, private chef etc.

Quick and easy beach access, too. His dog, Chucho is also happy to accompany you to the beach. Such a sweet dog.

Will definitely recommend Casa del Soul to friends and family. Thanks, Randy!
Devin and Hailey

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

When I stayed at Casa del Soul, I was in town for a wedding over Thanksgiving weekend. The owner had someone meet us at the airport with a vehicle big enough for the 4 of us and all of our luggage at 10pm and drive us the 2 hours to San Juan Del Sur. It was after midnight when we arrived, but the owner was awake and accommodating and greeted us happily, even though it was so late. He helped us get settled in, and nobody got to bed before 1am, and then when I woke up at 5:15am, the owner was already awake and available for us. I am afraid of dogs, but his dog is used to guests on the property, and didn't run up to me or jump on me, like lots of other dogs do. I felt safe knowing the dog was "on guard", especially since this was my first trip "south of the border". The whole weekend, the owner was available and helpful and give good information about where and when to go places. The staff was friendly and the food was great, and the stay was so very nice and relaxing. I was sad to leave so soon:-(

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We finally got a chance to get away and stay a couple of nights at Casa del Soul and I'm glad we did. After 6 hours on the bus Randy had a taxi waiting for us that drove us about 20 minutes to our destination in the hills of San Juan del Sur. The driver stopped so we could purchase some beers and wine (get cans for the beer since the fridge is near the pool), took us to the casa, waited while we did a quick change of clothes and were introduced to our new digs and then took us to el Timon for a wonderful lobster dinner. The next day we walked down to the secluded beach with Chucho, the house dog, and enjoyed the beach. Go during low-tide. Our driver Alex picked us up for some hammock shopping and lunch. We ran into Randy while in town and he was kind enough to drive us back to the casa where we hung out in the rancho, swam, played with Chucho, enjoyed the views and relaxed until dinner. Breakfast was a selection of pancakes or an omelet or eggs with toast and always fruit, juice and coffee. Thanks Yami! There is a fridge and a kitchen area that is for the guests to use if needed. It was a perfect two nights in the quiet hills of San Juan del Sur and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple