I started my month long trip with 5 nights in this hotel. I was looking for a place to relax and take some time out. This hotel was perfect. Not too far from San Juan Del Sur, you can easily spend time in this touristy, surfer town then retreat to your spot in the mountains where you can watch the birds and hear the howler monkeys in the mountains.
I had a room to the back of the hotel with a private terrace. Not that I needed to worry about privacy, there are many shared areas which feel equally private and relaxed. The pool is clean and boasts an enviable view.
Whenever I ate at the hotel the food was first class and very reasonably priced. The steak I ate was, without doubt, the best I have ever had. Bottles of wine were kept in the fridge overnight as needed. Delphine went out of her way to accommodate our every need. If you want a taxi, you get one. Information about local beaches, it's yours and no fuss or bother.
I will return to this hotel again. The location is perfect for a relaxed break within distance of restaurants and bars in the nearby town. The hosting is relaxed and yet attentive. The food is, incredible, unlike any other place I've stayed in Nicaragua. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. This hotel is a triumph!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Jardin is the perfect place to relax while enjoying amazing views on Nicaragua's Emerald Coast. The hotel is located up a hill, 4 km (2,4 miles) North from San Juan del Sur. The access road has been repaired in December 2016. All types of vehicles can go up. We offer free shuttles to town once a day. Our guests can also spend the day by the outdoor pool where they can enjoy stunning views on Nagascolo bay. Each room has a private bathroom and features charming decor with cheerful colors. Some of them have a private terrace overlooking the ocean which is the perfect spot to watch the sunset. El Jardin's bar & restaurant features both an indoor and an open-air dining area with views on the bay. We serve international food (for example, burgers and tacos) and are also very proud to offer European inspired options (including Beef Bourguignon, Shrimp bisque, Homemade lasagna and many more). The bar is open all day with a good selection of cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Jardin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Jardin Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- El Jardin Hotel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur