La Posada Azul was our 1st stop on our 1st trip to Nicaragua and where we started falling in love with the country and all the awesome people in it! Andy the hotel manager was so extremely helpful even before we got there, corresponding via email helping me get our transportation set up, then again via Skype when our original flight was canceled & we needed to change our transportation.
To start the location is excellent, in the middle of town close to most everything, and importantly just one block from the beach. You can walk where ever you need to go! The town is busy with a lot going on outside, the great part about the hotel though is once you enter through the main door, you are stepping into your own little quiet cozy hide away.
The common areas of the hotel are homey (for us as we spend most our down time around our pool in the outdoor living spaces) we did the same at La Posada Azul. The common area provides many little nooks where you can relax privately with your companions or pull up chairs and meet other interesting travelers...we did both.
The pool area was filled with sun and convenience our second day instead of heading to the beach again we set up shop next to the pool in the beautiful outdoor garden area. The honor bar made getting drinks simple, and the common area bathroom was nice so you didn't have to go the few extra steps to your room. By the way, drink up in the honor bar, the prices are very inexpensive even if you are trying to catch a buzz! We loved Toña, oooh and the juice they had in the fridge was yummy!
This hotel is limited on the number of rooms which adds to the warm feeling of it. We saw 2 rooms and both very nice. Don't book wanting a Ritz kind of room, if you want an 'American' type hotel stay in an 'American' hotel, though I recommend a Nica hotel vs any chain any day. The rooms give you everything you need, plenty of space to spread out, comfortable bed, ICY COLD AIR CONDITIONING ( we had heard cold A/C was hard to find so my boyfriend put the unit on low the 1st night, I woke up dreaming I was in the Article circle, no joke!). The showers were warm, another not so common feature in Nicaragua. I took an entire cold shower before we realized the water got nice and HOT! I do not believe any of the rooms have TV which is actually a welcomed difference, however if you have to catch a game or something there is a TV in the commen living room.
Make sure to eat breakfast at the hotel at least one morning, it was EXCELLANT! It will be hard when we go back to San Juan to check out any other hotel because we loved La Posada Azul, maybe we will try their other property next door, it looked cute as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada Azul is located just steps from the beach in a beautifully refurbished historic wood house in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua . Each elegantly appointed room has a private bath, hot water and air conditioning. Enjoy a cold drink in the palapa by our large pool in our garden that is filled with colorful bougainvillas. Our famous breakfasts are served on the porch and are included in the room rate.We are proud to announce the opening of our "little sister" Hotelito El Coco Azul located adjacent to our Posada. El Coco Azul offers a more moderate priced stay in San Juan del Sur, but with the same cleanliness and attention to detail as we are known for at La Posada Azul ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Posada Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada Azul Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- La Posada Azul Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur