We asked around in Granada about places to stay in San Juan. Everyone we asked recommended La Posada Azul, so we decided to give it a try.
The entire place was very well kept, wonderful staff, and beautiful rooms. It is right in the center of the town near the beach and restaurants.
My favorite part was breakfast. We were there for 5 days and each morning we were served a new dish. We had the traditional gallo pinto with eggs, Spanish tortilla, and huevos rancheros to name a few. Additionally each morning they serve a fresh squeezed fruit juice and homemade baked goods.
They have lots of books and magazines, but no televisions in the rooms. We welcomed the calm and relaxed get away, but if you require a TV of your own you may want to book elsewhere.
There is a very quiet pool with an honor bar, fresh towels and a palapa as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada Azul is located just steps from the beach in a beautifully refurbished historic wood house in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua . Each elegantly appointed room has a private bath, hot water and air conditioning. Enjoy a cold drink in the palapa by our large pool in our garden that is filled with colorful bougainvillas. Our famous breakfasts are served on the porch and are included in the room rate.We are proud to announce the opening of our "little sister" Hotelito El Coco Azul located adjacent to our Posada. El Coco Azul offers a more moderate priced stay in San Juan del Sur, but with the same cleanliness and attention to detail as we are known for at La Posada Azul ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your La Posada Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada Azul Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- La Posada Azul Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur