I recently joined my boyfriend in Nicaragua for a week and stayed at the Villas de Palermo, where he is living for a few months. The villas are nicely appointed and very comfortable. I liked the woodwork and the front porch, especially. We had a nice view of the beach and "El Grande Jesus" (our name for the big Jesus statue near the beach) from the upper balcony as well. I wouldn't call the Villas de Palermo fancy, but I would call them comfortable, clean and attractive. I agree with the other reviewers about the water in the shower. It was either scalding hot, if the water heater kicked on, or refreshingly cool. We didn't mind that much, but if I HAD to pick something to complain about that would be the only thing.
Having a kitchen was really awesome. We ate breakfast in the villa everyday. I loooooved sitting on the front porch when the rain came through. Very zen. Darn, why did I come back to the US?
It helps a lot if you speak some Spanish in Nicaragua, as both my boyfriend and I do. The staff in the reception area speak English, but i'm not sure if many of the others do. Anyway, it's a Spanish-speaking country, so learn some Spanish. It's a good language to know! I digress...
The pool area was nice and never crowded. My only recommendation about that is that they might consider getting slightly thicker pads for the lounge chairs. They are lovely chairs but made of wood and kind of hard and the pads they have for them are a bit thin.
There are many beautiful flowers around the property. The red hibiscus is my favorite. Also, Nicaragua has many, many butterflies of many different colors. Very magical.
Tip: If you take the mototaxi shuttle to town (the little one with the open sides), sit in the middle. You'll see... :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palermo Hotel and Resort is located in San Juan del Sur, a city that bridges Costa Rica and Nicaragua on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel features 50 villas, poolside spa, flexible in-room work spaces, full-kitchens and room service, wireless broadband connectivity throughout the property, as well as both large and small, air-conditioned conference and meeting spaces. Villas are for rent by the day, week or month, as well as for sale as vacation homes. Terraza de Palermo Restaurant and Bar offer a dramatic dining experience overlooking the tropical pool and sunsets into the Pacific Ocean. Locally sourced, vegetarian, vegan, healthy and Nicaraguan meal service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Palermo Hotel And Resort
- Villas De Palermo Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Villas De Palermo Hotel & Resort Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur