“Lovely condos on hillside overlooking San Juan del Sur”

Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
GreenLeadersBronze level
Topanga, California
“Lovely condos on hillside overlooking San Juan del Sur”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Villa for two nights and found the accommodations quite luxurious for the area. We only ate breakfast here but it was very tasty. Our only complaint was that the manager seemed a little rude and wouldn't let us have a glass of water as we were leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank maracujagirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Villa 13 from July 12 - July 18. The villa was situated right accross from the main office / reception area and restaurant. It was absolutely perfect in every way. We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant almost every day and the chef prepared absolutely delicious food. Whole grilled snapper, Mayan steak, fresh fruit with almost every meal. The prices were very reasonable and the service was spectacuar in every way. The daily housekeeping service was exceptional and she was vey nice too, by the way. The gate house security did a great job, recognizing us when we returned after each trek to town via local taxis. The daily shuttle van service dropped us off in town wherever we requested. Although it was a few minutes out of town, it was definately worth it ! I will stay no where else on my next trip to San Juan Del Sur !

Room Tip: Villa 13 was located close to the restaurant and office.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review Patti. We really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Palermo. We hope that you will come back again!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a great stay at Villas de Palermo! The Villas were even nicer than I expected and had beautiful views from every room. The villas are a close walk into town or a short cab or shuttle ride away from the main nightlife and markets in San Juan del Sur. The property has lots of natural wildlife and you can often see rare exotic birds and butterflies while you walk to your villa. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and was always very helpful. I would definitely recommend guests to stay here if they are looking for a more relaxed experience in San Juan del Sur.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Villas de Palermo!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My villa wasnt just dirty. There was mouse poop all over the counters and on top of the microwave. There were dead worms and an infestation of worms in one of the utensils drawers. The kitchen was dirty,One of the bathrooms wasnt cleaned and when I went to talk to the receptionist about the issues with the villa they told me they will send someone to fumigate. I asked for another villa of course they didnt want to give me another one. They wanted me to stay in that villa while they fumigate it, the receptionist told me that will be some odor. I told them I wanted a different villa. After talking to their manager they gave me another one since I told them that I wouldnt stay in the villa for safety and obvious reasons. The other villa had issues with the door. You couldnt close or open the door easily and it was a little dirty but nothing like the other one. Once I got back home I saw they charged me twice and I have called them and sent them email and I havent gotten a call or email back. Overall, my stay there was awful. I will never go there again. Customer service is even worse. Obviously they dont care. It is in a nice area but place is very bad condition. I had friends that had issues with their villas too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank isabelrg02
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We agree that your welcome at our hotel was less than perfect. We do apologize that the first villa you entered was unclean by mistake but upon learning this news we immediately moved you to a new villa to accommodate you. We can assure you that there are no mice or worms in the villas. Admittedly there occasionally are small geckos which can get into the villas. They are completely harmless and eat mosquitos. You will find them at any hotel or house you stay at in San Juan del Sur. With regards to the mistake on your bill, we emailed you multiple times to make the correction.
In any event, we are very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Every stay cannot be perfect, but our staff does sincerely care and want everyone to have a great experience in Nicaragua at Villas de Palermo.
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were here for a wedding in 2009, and stayed several days after too. The entire property is absolutely beautiful, stunning views, the villas beautifully decorated and VERY spacious. There is a ton to do in the area, and is such a beautiful part of the country. I highly recommend this place. For the money we spent here you won't have a better vacation. We look back at this place and our trip to Nica very fondly. Don't hesitate to book here, you will LOVE it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Villas de Palermo. We hope that you will return again in the future. Be sure to ask about discounts for returning visitors.
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We may not have sought out this place on our own, but a Groupon Offer led us to check out their website and reviews. We were not at all disappointed with the Palermo Resort. We had a clean, spacious villa with 2 bed/ 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, back porch and small upstair deck. The kitchen is equipped so you can cook your own meals. But, there isn't a need to cook since they have a restaurant. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is great.

The resort is up in a mountain so you have a great view of the ocean. The only activities at the resort are swimming (pool is really nice), yoga, and massages, but sitting in the rockers on the porch is a very relaxing way to spend some time too.They offer free shuttle to San Juan Del Sur up to 6:00 pm in the evening. We made several trips to town.

We really enjoyed our stay and would go back. If I had to make any recommendations to the resort staff -- it would be to install hair dryers and facial tissue boxes in the bathroom. They kindly lent me a hair dryer while I was there and we just used toilet paper for face-tissue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashes2007
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We do offer several off-site activities that our concierge can arrange for you including surfing, zip-line canopy, horseback riding, catamaran sailing and more. We hope that you will consider staying with us again on your visit to Nica!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very accomodating place, I will always stay here when I come to SJDS. For the price of the crappiest motel room in the slums of Los Angeles you can get a 2 bedroom, 2 story villa with a full kitchen, beautiful views and excellent pool! The food is not superb though and the restaurant staff could be a little friendlier, but other than that, great place!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa #31 and it was a great location, not too far from the pool/clubhouse but offered...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
VillasdePalermo, Director of Sales at Villas de Palermo Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Villas de Palermo. Yes, prices in Nicaragua are a fraction of those in in LA. And discounts are available for returning hotel guests so we hope that you will visit again. Thanks.