“I love this hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Park Avenue Villas
Los Angeles
“I love this hotel”
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I have been to Nicaragua a few times and I have to say that this hotel is THE ONLY hotel to stay at in San Juan Del Sur... this is my second time staying here and my expectations were definately surpassed. The hotel sits on a hill with a great view of the city and an amazing sunset! Most of the rooms have full kitchens with everything that you would need... very clean and comfortable. Dvd players, microwave, sitting area. The pool is on the small side but clean and refreshing. The upper deck has comfortable chairs for watching the sunset which the owners deem as a daily mandatory experience (rightfully so as the sunsets are the most beautiful I have seen). In one corner there is a table with a chess board and a book shelf with a book exchange system. The staff is the greatest... in fact we have asked them to come with us to dinner both years we have been there! Alma, Jorge, Jenny are so helpful and friendly and sweet. The owners Ralph and Reynda are very helpful, they take pride in their hotel and take pride in San Juan Del Sur... they care about their staff and their guests. Last year I stayed with them and Raphs sailboat was not able to sail but this year he remembered and took us all sailing! I had probably the best time I have ever had doing this. I stayed with my family and they all had an equally good of a time! In fact.. I had friends who came to Nicaragua with me who stayed at other places say that they wish they had stayed at Park Avenue Villas. The only other place I would recommend in San Juan would be Pelican Eyes.. but Pelican Eyes is more of a resort.. a little more expensive.. and doesnt have the same personalized service! If you have any questions about Park Avenue Villas or San Juan Del Sur please feel free to contact me hollywollybear@msn.com

• Liked — The staff, location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank hollythetravelgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
toronto
Reviewed February 8, 2008

We have spent five incredible days in January. The view to the ocean is stunning, the staff is very friendly, and the hosts Ralph and Renda are just amazing. I loved the design of the hotel. A big pool in the middle and a large terrace where you can see the beautiful beach.
The rooms are also clean and nice with a TV, many English channels.
It is a definitely place I would stay again.

• Liked — the design of the hotel and hosts
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank vircho
Alaska
Reviewed January 20, 2008

Wow, what a find! We loved it. Stayed at Park Avenue Villas for two weeks in November/December, 2007 and are ready to go back. The hotel has everything and more you might need to enjoy a vacation in the sun. The owners designed and built a perfect place. You will find all the modern conveniences of home with the flavor of Nicaragua. The owners and staff are wonderful. From the first day to the last we felt welcome and part of the family. The sunsets are to die for and the view from the hotel is one of the best in town. We never found a cleaner hotel in Nicaragua; the staff does a great job and their English is coming along great too. Be sure to check-out the pool. We don’t usually go into pools but the one at the Park Avenue Villas was so clean and they don’t use chlorine!

There is plenty of great food available to cook or eat out in San Juan. We frequently eat at the central market and found everything we needed to cook in the local stores.

The hotel is a great value. You might be able to find a cheaper place but nothing comes close for convenience, location and quality.

• Liked — Service, quality, location and price.
  • Disliked — We had to leave to go home!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank d2alaska
Weaverville, NC
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed at Park Avenue Villas for 7 heavenly days in November, 2007 and all I can say is that my wife and I felt pretty bummed out and depressed on our way back to Managua airport at the end of our visit.

The hotel is only 100 yards from the waterfront and restaurants, and the view of the San Juan del Sur bay from the hotel's 2nd floor balcony is to die for. Ralph and Renda Hewitt, the owners are transplants from Dallas, Texas and they treated us like family right from the time we walked into the lobby. The staff, consisting of Jenny, Jorge, Oscar and Alma….is absolutely wonderful and their service was incredible...a tribute to the owners' outlook and compassion. The rooms are spotless and we the attached kitchenette had everything you could want for cooking. And the enclosed pool is fantastic.

There are several wonderful restaurants only minutes from the hotel....and we recommend the El Colibri very highly. Also, don't forget to go to the Central Market and eat at one of the four eateries...it's cheap and authentic food.

Overall I would say this is probably one of the best hotel we have ever stayed in on a vacation and the rate was very very affordable.

• Liked — very clean and big rooms and great service by the staff
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RaviWeaverville_NC
Seattle
Reviewed August 18, 2007

A friend recommended Park Avenue Villas for our first adventure in any Central American country, and it was a perfect place for us. Our hosts helped with arrangements when the language barrier would have been an issue for us. We loved our suite, having a kitchen, and the deck and view are beyond wonderful. Ralph designed the hotel to stay as cool as possible and catch the breeze. My husband I definitely would go back.

A question for Trip Advisor: What's the definition of "Other Lodging"? Why isn't this place in the "Hotels" listing? It took me a bit of searching to find ... thanks.

Miriam

• Liked — Location & views
  • Disliked — Not a thing. It was all great.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank seattleite85
rhode island
Reviewed April 9, 2007

The Park Avenue Villas is a brand new hotel in downtown San Juan. It is a smaller hotel in a higher price bracket , however, the perks make it more than worth it's weight in cordobas. The American ex-pats who designed, built and manage the hotel are warm and sweet ,and made our vacation feel more like a trip to gram's than to central america. Every night, all of the guests would meet on the balcony with a glass of wine and watch the brilliant sun set over the ocean. I would recommend this to families and backpackers alike.

• Liked — the owners, the view, and the kitchen
  • Disliked — the mattresses were very firm
  • Stayed April 2007
2 Thank m3rvelous
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2007

Park Avenue Villas is the place to stay in San Juan del Sur, hands down.
The faciltiies are excellent, hot water, air conditioning, daily maid service... The rooms/apartments are a lap of luxery, and the customer service leaves the pricest of places behind in the dust. It should be noted that you wont run into your crazy, run of the mill traveler. Park Avenue Villas is as welcoming to a cheery family, as it is to a group of young happy travlers, yet sorts out the less desirable ( anyone who has travelled knows excatly what I am talking about. = a plus to us all). To top it all off, the owners Ralph and Renda are to die for, I am already missing them. If you have a question they always have an answer, with a pleasent touch of southern charm. I look forward to my next stay at Park Avenue Villas.

Stayed March 2007