“quit place in the middle of centre and right on the beach.”
Review of Hotel Estrella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan del Sur
Hotel Estrella
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Simple but very good price relating to the quality. friendly people and it is right on the beach. no partyhostel, a nice place to rest and enjoy san juan. good breakfast included if you want. patio with garden and internetfacilities.fgriendly atmosfere

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Bfst advertised from 7am but if your lucky you will get it after they finish cleaning past 8am then I was told I had to eat with my friend who was still sleeping and not on my own. Service zero.
Also we got bothered about joining tours and they didn't really help unless they were getting something out of it.
Location couldn't really be better though. Amazing sunset views.
Overall just below average

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite shabby chic but clean with really helpful staff (the son speaks really good English), and is right on the beach. Breakfast was included and was really good. The gelato place next door is incredible!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you like friendly staff avoid this terrible hotel. Incredibly rude and unhelpful, hard to believe they think its an appropriate way to behave considering they work in the hospitality industry. It is cheap though and the view form the balconies in the rooms are great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George P
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place is awesome. I come to Nicaragua to surf so I'm always on a super tight budget. Normally I stay in hostels and go super cheap but now I found this place which is way better. The value is amazing. The rooms are very simple yet very clean. The people that run it are so nice!!! If you're travelling on a budget don't miss out on this place. I will be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: The swimming pool is the ocean across the street :-)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I have been considering Estrella for the many years that we've been going to San Juan del Sur. Every time we've arrived, we've convinced ourselves that for a couple of bucks cheaper, we can stay in a hostel with an awesome rooftop bar or small pool, so who cares if you have to sleep in a dorm. Well, as we've aged, our appreciation for being woken up at 2 or 3 am by our partying dorm neighbors has declined.

So, this time we opted for Estrella -- $8 per person for a private room (although we wanted to pay $10pp for the privates with the balcony facing the ocean, but none were available). Here's the deal, I feel bad only giving a 3 rating to this place, because of its location and value. When can you pay $16 for an ocean-front double that comes with breakfast in the most popular tourist town in the country? However, there are just a few things that had to be factored in.

The bed is a foam pad, not a mattress. Even the mid-range hostels ($6 a night) have decent mattresses. The staff (I'm assuming the owners) seemed like they could have cared less that we were there. I know that it can get exhausting to have annoying, cheap backpackers come in day after day, not speak Spanish, and frankly act pretty rude. The thing is that there are a lot of us who are respectful and friendly and would like some semblance of a smile appreciation for the business.We almost always have terrific relationships with the hotel owners and staff where we stay, but this was not a possibility here.

The breakfast options were great (Nica breakfast, pancakes w/ fruit, or a yogurt, granola, & fruit bowl). That little addition was much appreciated, and the restaurant that they have set up is really a nice area to dine with a good view of the beach. If they could just fix those two things, not only would they be the best value with one of the best locations in town. They would be flat-out the best place to stay in San Juan del Sur.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with the balcony. As of March 2013, they're only $2 extra per person per night...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex T
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When I arrived in San Juan del Sur, I had no idea where I wanted to stay. I was traveling with one other girl and we were originally going to look for a hostel, most of which are 6-10 dollars for a dorm. We ended up getting a private room in Hotel Estrella with a balcony and 3 beds for 10 dollars each a night. You get a great breeze, a view of the ocean, and it was very secure. The free breakfast in the morning is fantastic! The bathrooms are communal and are comparable to or better than all the bathrooms I have experienced in other hostels. Great place to stay!!! (And there is a gelato place downstairs which is FANTASTIC!).

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends