I just loved my little 2 bedroom villa. Beautiful views -- lush landscape. Really nice gourmet chef. It was close to everything.
My children played with Monkeys at the animal shelter at the far end of the resort. Every morning they would wake up and run out of the villa to see "Cindy" the monkey.
Yes we did loose power one night. But we were there for 10
nights and it came back on during the night.
I would caution those with knee troubles -- there are wonderful rambling paths as the villas are built on a hillside. If you have there are a lot of steps-- although I enjoyed the rambling paths and landscape.
The staff was very nice and accomidating. I read some of the comments on the other reviews. If you thrive in a pretentious environment, then this is not the hotel for you. The hotel does attract an affulent crowd. And it is so beautiful The staff are obviously treated well because you can feel the genuine kindness from the staff. The environment is relaxed and casual. This is likely the best place in Nicaragua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur