First let me say that going to San Juan del Sur is a fantastic journey and it offers a place that time has forgot. If you want the small quaint hotel near the beach or the eco lodge this place has it all. I have traveled all over the world and this place is very cool and on the top of my list of beach places to go. The surrounding areas provide beaches that are true Pacific gems with vista views and sunsets that you will remember forever.
Pelican Eyes is one of the best places I have stayed from the views to the negative edge pools to the size of the rooms it is wonderful. I'm not your eco type of person, I have stayed at some of the best 5 star resorts and hotels in the world and from the beaches of Mexico to the Carribean to Hawaii and this is a place I can recommend without hesitation that even the pickiest of traveler will love.
You do not want to go here alone. It is romance at its best! I would caution you to bring some ear plugs though because this is the jungle with monkeys, wild boars, dogs, chickens and you name it.....and they can get quite loud sometimes! Seriously, it is like a big party at night for them, you can't imagine until you have heard it.
It is easy walking to town or the staff will take you down the hill. The breakfast that is included is great, even for a picky eater like myself. I will say that sometimes the service is slow, but that is the way it is in most of central America. I would recommend eating in town and also the list of recommended resturants is a good one, I would add MI Tiamo on the beach as one of the best, especially for sea food.
The standard rooms are great and if you can afford the casitas or are traveling with another couple, that is the way to go as the design and layouts are excellent plus you have a kitchen and you will want to cook a meal and enjoy the wonderful terraces that they have and the views of the ocean...... dinner and wine here and romance will definately follow.
The a/c and the bathrooms are great as well and the staff is very attentive if you should need anything.
Just remember to keep your sunglasses and shiny objects away from the monkeys....they don't give them back and can pop out of nowhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur