The hotel is lovely and the view cannot be beat. The casa rooms are indeed very house-like with tons of storage space and decorated very artfully. The pool nearest our hotel room was closed often for private events. And the walk to the front of the property is long. We got a ride once, but the driver made fun of us and said it was "two meters." It was more like a half-mile plus up a winding hill and I had a heel injury. But I walked it the rest of our stay.
The staff -- especially the restaurant staff and housekeeping -- were very kind. The rooms were clean and giants would have had enough room in the spacious interior. The beach itself in San Juan del Sur was nothing special -- much better beaches to the south and north. This place was gorgeous, but I might try something different if I went back closer to one of the other beaches. Still, our family was very happy to be here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur