Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Victoriano(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$105
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$107
$105
$96
  • Pool
Royal Chateau Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$50
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
$42
$36
  • Breakfast included
El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$63
$50
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$104
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$365
Travelocity
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
$98
All reviewsupper poolin townfamily poolsailing tripmain restaurantgreat exercisereception areasan juanbreathtaking viewsfull kitchendestination weddingliving roombeautiful propertycevichelounge chairswatch the sunsetcosta rica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The first thing you have to know is that Pelican Eyes is not an hotel but an estate of houses set on a steep hillside above S J del S. The houses are very well appointed and have great views but most of them are an unwalkable distance from reception and amenities. Pelican Eyes runs a fleet of Land Cruisers to get customers to & from their houses. You want breakfast by the pool? Call for a Land Cruiser! If, like my wife & I, you are stationed at the top of the estate, a steep half a mile from reception, it all gets a bit silly. Try to find an hotel in town. San Juan del Sur is a cool place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pelican Eyes R, General Manager at Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear,

Thank you for having taken the time to provide us with this commentary. I am pleased hearing that you enjoyed the housed you stay in. This hotel has a unique architecture indeed and not all accommodations are as close to the reception and pools as others. The hotel was built on top of a hill and it was built in such a way that the original flora and fauna were not altered, providing the resort with magnificent view but with an abundance of stairs, which some might encounter as very inconvenient. Nevertheless I hope you did have a pleasant stay at Pelican Eyes, we would look forward being you of service again in the future.

General Manger

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Selected Pelican Eyes based upon previous reviews, overall value, and the infinity pool. Very pleasant arrival. Greeted by Tony at the front desk with welcoming refreshments. Great experiences, too, with Alberto and Daniel also at the front desk.
Truly wonderful staff recovered from issues.

Was truly caught off guard when:
1. ALL 3 pools closed to ALL guests on a Saturday for private wedding parties.
2. Checked in to moldy room and no ocean view. No hair dryer.
After lengthy back and forth conversations, and showing documentation, Sergio saved the day. He secured an ocean view suite for the night then arranged for an ocean view room for remaining nights (two queen beds rather than the one king reserved) for the remainder of the stay. But it took a call to maintenance to get the shower to work. The following night there was no hot water. In short order the team replaced the propane tank. A hair dryer was requested and promised but we were informed that there were none available. Sergio actually brought a hair dryer from home. Really outstanding customer service. Sergio and his team did the best that could with the available resources. Sergio also ensured an appropriate adjustment for the inconveniences.

Enjoyed a romantic valentines dinner under moonlight, poolside, with live music. Javier delivered outstanding, personal care, which topped off the perfect dinning experience. Sincerely dedicated to his craft.

Pelican Eyes Resort has opportunities to improve for sure.
But the sincerity and dedication of staff is outstanding and representative of the kind people of Nicaragua.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to provide us with this commentary. I am sorry to hear that you did encounter inconveniences due to the private wedding parties. We will look into how to better inform the customers for when events like this take place again. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you the staff created outstanding experiences for you. I am proud having such an incredible team here at Pelican Eyes. This is one example of how wonderful and accommodating our staff is. I appreciate your comments, I will ensure our team is reminded of the outstanding job they are doing. We look forward being you of service again in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Had the most amazing lunch with a view of the bay and infinity pool.. The view is like no other.. On my way out we got an unexpected tour from ground manager Moises I believe. . top notch service .. We will be back

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with this commentary. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our resort and that you experienced our top noch service. Thank you for your kind commentary for Moises, I always appreciate hearing such positive comments about the employees. We look forward being you of service again in the future to offer you the same service you have gotten to appreciate.

General Manger

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

A big thank you to the entire Pelican Eyes team, especially the events team - Headley and Selina and general manager Gabriel! Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Our 25 guests also had a blast and appreciated all of the beautiful details - such as the lights , lanterns , white fabric decor - a stunning presentation! And everyone said it was the best food they had on their trip ! I also have to say that everyone was incredibly accommodating - for example, I did not have a full length mirror in my casa the day of the wedding. The staff located one in another casa and mounted it to my wall so I could have a large mirror to use while getting ready the day of !!! We had an amazing day !

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Shelby,

Once again thank you for your complimentary comments. I am really pleased to know that you had such an amazing day. Thank you for mentioning the events team, we are proud of them and I am content hearing that they helped in creating your perfect wedding. I will ensure our team is reminded of the outstanding job they are doing. We hope you will always keep wonderful memories of us. We look forward being you of service again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel was beautiful, comfortable and relaxing. It is a bit far from the beach and any other food options, but the hotel itself is enough to spend a few days relaxing in the Infiniti pool, short hikes and playing with monkeys! The restaurant was good food, but you can get better food for a fraction of the price in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear,

Thank you for having taken your time to provide us with this commentary. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that experienced the comfort, beauty of the resort and that you had a relaxing experience. Thanks again for having given us this feedback. We look forward being you of service again in the future.