We stayed for 5 night at Pelican Eyes. Overall a good stay, the staff was very helpful and the views and hotel room are great. The mention about the stairs in all the previous posts is true, there are a LOT of stairs. You can get a car to drop you within the hotel for free but thats at the reception and you have to walk up to the reception from the entrance. There is also a vehicle which can drop you to the city centre for 5$ a round trip. The only reason I am giving it four stars is because the spa was expensive and a disappointment. They made us fill forms which specify where we want them to focus but did not even read it. The food at the hotel was OK, but pricey. The reception staff was great, always available for assistance and giving us advice. And the sailing trip organised by the hotel was great. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur