The experience at this hotel left us with a bittersweet taste of San Juan Del Sur; although the bay views from the hotel and the nature aspect of the area is quite beautiful, the hotel showed a strong lack of genuine care for the well-being of their guests experience in the following ways:
1. The first day we arrived at the hotel the toilet got clogged. The gentleman from the maintenance department who came to the room to fix it and clean it up decided it was ok to use our shower as the best place to squeeze out the mop, leaving our bathroom and shower with water from the toilet... we were not able to take a shower without flip flops for the rest of our stay.
2. Even though the views from the pools were outstanding they were not cleaned properly, leaving guests to enjoy only a section of the pool (the least dirty part of the pool)
3. Only the pool by the restaurant seemed to be the one getting semi-consistent clean ups (the one by our room was not cleaned throughout our stay).
4. The first night we arrived the generator by our room was not working leaving us in the dark (this seems to be the norm in San Juan del Sur as the electricity goes out quite often)
5. After the generator for our room was fixed we went back to our room only to find a colony of ants living by our light switch (picture attached), we complained and the hotel sent a maintenance person with some sort of bug spray which only worked for a few hours (we found out later that the whole hotel has an ant problem from some of the other hotel guests who also had complained of that same problem)
6. The hotel granted us a free sailing trip to "make-up" for the ant situation, and although we were a little more relaxed after the sailing trip, we came back and the hotel had not taken the courtesy to check or clean our room leaving us with ants for one more night. This same night as i was going to sleep we found a spider walking on our bedsheets.. this was the worst part of it all by far.
We were expecting that going by going to the most expensive hotel in SJDS, our experience would be different. This hotel has a lot of potential...it is beautiful and the views are breathtaking but we would never go back. The price does not match the quality, especially if you are going during high season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur