Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$120
$105
  • Pool
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
$29
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $36/night.

El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$73
$50
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$104
$80
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
$70
$60
HC Liri Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$55
$49
La Veranera - Playa El Coco(Playa El Coco)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Victoriano(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$150
$310
Hotels.com
All reviewsupper poolin townfamily poolsailing tripmain restaurantgreat exercisereception areasan juanbreathtaking viewsfull kitchendestination weddingliving roombeautiful propertylounge chairswatch the sunsetbreakfast was includedcosta rica
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It is absolutely gorgeous! We were greeted with a tasty refreshing drink at the reception area while registering. The staff was incredibly friendly and always made you feel welcome. Our room was spacious with a large deck to take in the amazing views of the ocean and the town.The infinity pool by the bar made for the perfect way to enjoy the incredible sunsets. They also have the best Micheladas!! We were able to catch live music one night and an awesome pool party the next. We were only a few short blocks from the beach and made for an excellent way to explore the town. Whether you’re in the mood for a relaxing vacation or an exciting adventure Pelican Eyes definitely delivers. Gracias Gabriel por una experiencia inolvidable!!

Room Tip: If you're not a big fan of stairs, ask for a room on the lower part of the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lizeth O
Pelican Eyes R, General Manager at Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. It was gratifying to hear that you had such an unforgettable experience. We appreciate your comments, especially the ones concerning our staff. Looking forward serving you again in the future in order for you to have one of our Micheladas!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Individual units have private porches with tables and chairs and ocean/sunset views. The room looked like it had been carved out of rock - the bed frame, night stands, seating, all white and looking like something Fred Flintstone might have lived in. But the mattresses were comfortable, the nice size bathroom with a BIG shower and plenty of counter space was definitely up to date. I appreciated the water cooler in the room. Each room had its own 5 gallon jug. A small nook had shelves, refrigerator and microwave. Pelican Eyes has 3 infinity pools! There is an upper level of rooms which I believe is time shares, but you can walk or be driven up. Food is very good and the staff are helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend Pelican Eyes in San Juan del Sur.

Room Tip: If you have problems with walking, mention it. Most of the units involve climbing quite a few stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank tjworldtravelers

Dear,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our accommodations. We are always delighted to hear our guest had such a good time at our resort. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My shoestring budget traveling roots made me feel both reluctant and guilty about staying at the lavish Pelican Eyes with the questionable history, but the indulgence was oh so worth it. You just feel like pure gold gazing out over the city, beach, ocean, and sunset from your gorgeous, hillside, multilevel, colorful room. Wow, that's a mouthful...and certainly an eyeful! The infinity pool has a fabulous view as well.

Per the reviews that insisted that the hotel's food and services were grossly overpriced, we just took their word for it and headed out on the town. It took 77 steps to get from the hotel's ground entrance to our room (we had had lowest/closest room!) and another 200 steps to get to the upper infinity pool. That's a lot of hiking in the hot, humid NIcaraguan hillside. You better be in shape and wear cool clothing.

All that having been said, it was 5 stars in my book as I still LOVED our room and view immensely.

Room Tip: Pick the lowest room possible. The Jasmine room was the first one. Higher rooms may have an even better view, but it will be like climbing a mountain every time you go up.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoldenBlue3

Dear,

First of all I would like to say that I am very pleased hearing your Pelican Eyes experience was so rewarding. Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first time to stay at Pelican Eyes and I stayed only for one night. I can say that the quality of my room was first rate and the service I received the same. My room initially had no air conditioning but within 5 minutes of getting into the room and calling, there were two repairmen there and replaced something in 30 minutes. I think that is great service. I have eaten there many times and again, I cannot say enough good things about the food and the staff. And the view is one of the most amazing there is, especially at sunset. Great job Gabriel, Martin and the entire staff!

Room Tip: I think the best room is one closest to the pool (any of the pools that is) but the higher you go the better the view of the town and bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sooner86

Dear,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your contribution; we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am pleased hearing that you had such an enjoyable time at Pelican Eyes. Your comments are appreciated, especially the ones about the staff. We look forward being you of service again in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at a top of a mountain, a few blocks from the beach. It has the best views in San Juan del Sur. The two Infiniti pools are amazing. The service is superb. Had a couples massage at the spa. Super relaxing!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Omar1

Dear,

First I would like to say that I am pleased hearing that you had such a wonderful time at our resort (and enjoyed the massage). Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. We look forward being you of service again in the future.