My shoestring budget traveling roots made me feel both reluctant and guilty about staying at the lavish Pelican Eyes with the questionable history, but the indulgence was oh so worth it. You just feel like pure gold gazing out over the city, beach, ocean, and sunset from your gorgeous, hillside, multilevel, colorful room. Wow, that's a mouthful...and certainly an eyeful! The infinity pool has a fabulous view as well.
Per the reviews that insisted that the hotel's food and services were grossly overpriced, we just took their word for it and headed out on the town. It took 77 steps to get from the hotel's ground entrance to our room (we had had lowest/closest room!) and another 200 steps to get to the upper infinity pool. That's a lot of hiking in the hot, humid NIcaraguan hillside. You better be in shape and wear cool clothing.
All that having been said, it was 5 stars in my book as I still LOVED our room and view immensely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur