San Juan del Sur is an incredible part of Nic and Pelican Eyes makes for a very nice resort complex. As other have noted, the food is very good, the pools are beautiful and our casa was new and spacious. The views from all around Pelican Eyes are stunning. I think people's expectations need to be clear, so will point out a few things I think one needs to clearly understand up front. I don't intend these as negatives, perhaps just more of a reality check - 1) The resort is about a 10-15 minute walk from the beach. We had no problem with getting up and down the hill, but could understand how some that are less mobile might. 2) Given the locale, some bugs will likely find their way into your accommodations. Not a big deal to us, but they were there. 3) Hot water comes and goes, as it does across Nic. 4) The last 10 miles or so of the road into town is quite bad. It is either very bumpy, under construction or not there at all (especially during heavy rain). I'm sure this will improve in time, but something to be aware of if, especially you are driving yourself. The only other issue is that some of the front desk staff seemed kind of indifferent and not real eager to help with arrangements. All of the other resort staff were terrific, so not sure what the issue was with the front desk. Overall, this was a generally favorable, four star Nicaragua experience, but important to have appropriate expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur